General News about Key and his Staff

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
Looks to me like we need a good tough RB like the kid from Gators who's in the portal. Our Fr. recruits haven't turned out that well so far although one played some this year.

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
It’s difficult to be patient and wait for OC announcement when the head coach shuffling has gone on in numerous places and those coaches have filled out their staff overnight (or so it seems) and we’re still waiting 10 days post hiring. Really curious to see who the OC will be.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
It’s difficult to be patient and wait for OC announcement when the head coach shuffling has gone on in numerous places and those coaches have filled out their staff overnight (or so it seems) and we’re still waiting 10 days post hiring. Really curious to see who the OC will be.
It does make you wonder. Unfortunately we won't know until we know, and then we probably still won't know why it took so long.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Y’all, Stanford doesn’t have a head coach. Auburn hasn’t filled either of their coordinator positions. As bowl games and the playoff wind down, there will be even more shuffling around of position coaches and coordinators. Remember that Marco Coleman was on our staff until late January this year. We hired David Turner on February 15th. There’s no reason to be super concerned our staff isn’t completely filled out yet.

WrongShadeOfGold

Jolly Good Fellow
Y’all, Stanford doesn’t have a head coach. Auburn hasn’t filled either of their coordinator positions. As bowl games and the playoff wind down, there will be even more shuffling around of position coaches and coordinators. Remember that Marco Coleman was on our staff until late January this year. We hired David Turner on February 15th. There’s no reason to be super concerned our staff isn’t completely filled out yet.
I get what you are saying but there is a big difference between having a few position coach positions open that late versus having an open offensive coordinator position. If you were an offensive recruit planning to sign in 2 weeks, would you commit to a school with a new HC and no OC with no idea what kind of offense they will run?

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
I get what you are saying but there is a big difference between having a few position coach positions open that late versus having an open offensive coordinator position. If you were an offensive recruit planning to sign in 2 weeks, would you commit to a school with a new HC and no OC with no idea what kind of offense they will run?
Considering we haven’t lost any of our offensive recruits thus far, I’d say it’s a non-issue. Auburn is probably in a more dire position than we are in regards to keeping their fan base satisfied, and they haven’t really rushed to make any hires

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
Seems like a lot of GT into the portal activity suddenly this afternoon..
Seems like a lot of GT into the portal activity suddenly this afternoon...
Wonder if that’s an indication of the player having received enough interest from other programs (NIL) or if some of them (offensive players) have an idea of which direction the search is leaning and want to pursue another direction?

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
Wonder if that’s an indication of the player having received enough interest from other programs (NIL) or if some of them (offensive players) have an idea of which direction the search is leaning and want to pursue another direction?
One does wonder. It could just be that finals are over and they can focus on the rest of their lives. Often the simplest explanation is the right one.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Key has already said he knows exactly what type of offense we will be running. So, I don't think that's going to be the issue. I think Key is probably talking to those OC's or position coaches that may rise to an OC that are in line with the type of offense he wants to run.

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
Some reason I'm not worried, think Key will get what he's looking for, I'm not expecting a big name OC and never have. If the HC is the type that knows what he's looking at, good at evaluating people, then I'm not sure I would not rather have a hungry up and comer that shows a lot of promise.

bishopbee

Jolly Good Fellow
Key to go with the winner of today's game, Brent Davis or Ivin Jasper.

Sorry stech, neither one's rockin much in the hair department