General News about Key and his Staff

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Sir, your post has definitely pushed this thread into hijack territory. 😀
Mods, you may delete my post.

Shaun The Sheep Winner GIF by Aardman Animations

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
Looks like both TV and in person have their faithful, so we need a BDS of about 50M and TV every game it appears which is what we will probably have going fwd. Seems the rural schools are more likely to fill a large stadium, reason? It's the "only game in town" so to speak, so people turn out.
It's tough in the big metros, too much "happening" competition.
Interesting watching the Big 10 go after the schools in the bigger media mkts across the country, looks to me like they end up with it all in the out years, the rest shrink into I'm not sure what. I would love to know what the Big 10 found out about the dollars, attendance and TV viewership when they took in Rutgers, MD. ( really big TV mkts ) and Nebraska a not very good TV mkt but big attendance. I'm guessing they found the TV was the better option going fwd, thus the move to bring in USC, UCLA, second largest media Mkt in USA. Rutgers largest media mkt and Baltimore, DC, N. Virginia very large media mkt. for MD.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
The problem is that the game is actually better viewed on TV than in person.

Yeah, Budweiser and Jump Around are fun, but so are closeups, perfect camera angles, instant replays, color commentary, sideline reporting, comfortable seating, climate control, no parking issues, open bar...you get the idea.
most of the color commentary and sideline reporting is trite and repetitive. I'm usually glad I don't get to hear it when I'm at the game.
Besides, it's more fun to sneak liquor into the game and enjoy it with your Coke than to crack open a bottle at home.

Randy Carson

Helluva Engineer
most of the color commentary and sideline reporting is trite and repetitive. I'm usually glad I don't get to hear it when I'm at the game.
Besides, it's more fun to sneak liquor into the game and enjoy it with your Coke than to crack open a bottle at home.
Ah, yes. There was something to that stadium experience...

Sitting near the band and flashcards in the Lower East while sipping watery coke and "whatever" from those big white plastic cups ..."Rats on the field!" ... Budweiser ... throwing dead fish at Notre Dame ... stealing Aubie's tail ... "Make a wish!" ... KA's singing Dixie ... those were the days.

😎

Lightbulb

Jolly Good Fellow
Errin Joe is back on the flats in a elevated recruiting role. Wonder who is the director of recruiting Kenyatta Or Joe? The article stated that Joe was already here at GT working. Wonder why he hasn’t updated his profile on Twitter yet? Unless I looked at a outdated twitter handle.

Has it been confirmed that Kenyatta will be staying on the staff? I would really hate to lose him

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I expected a lot of radio silence with these last few hires, given the hush hush of AD and HC. Although should we be worried or excited about the delay since HC announcement? Tell me how to feel.
I don't know how to feel myself. Still waiting...

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I saw elsewhere that Joe will be head of football op's - I guess replacing the guy from Temple that recently left. Have seen tweets where KWatt is still on the recruiting trail, so it looks like he's staying.
I wonder if Mr. Joe is going to do any OL coaching. Spent three years here as OL grad assistant:

Former Yellow Jacket Errin Joe is in his third season as a graduate assistant at his alma mater. He assists with Georgia Tech’s offensive line.

SunBum

Georgia Tech Fan
Why no movement this week on Key's staff, OC in particular? Other programs are filling spots. Seems like it would be important for this recruiting cycle to get the coordinators in place. Has Thacker been named or we still in limbo on DC as well? Just wondering what's going on. Smells a little like the head coach search where, for better or worse, we 'settled' (don't take that the wrong way, I was all for Key for a number of reasons). But I really thought / hoped that by going with Key, we would have some level of additional resources to get a 'higher' profile OC. Who could we be waiting on???

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Why no movement this week on Key's staff, OC in particular? Other programs are filling spots. Seems like it would be important for this recruiting cycle to get the coordinators in place. Has Thacker been named or we still in limbo on DC as well? Just wondering what's going on. Smells a little like the head coach search where, for better or worse, we 'settled' (don't take that the wrong way, I was all for Key for a number of reasons). But I really thought / hoped that by going with Key, we would have some level of additional resources to get a 'higher' profile OC. Who could we be waiting on???
I thought the same. But maybe something's still in the works. It's more important to get the right one long term than beat the recruiting cycle short term. No announcement has been made about Wienke being named OC, so can we assume another OC will be hired? It's Friday - maybe today's the day.

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
Seems like I heard CBK say he will take some time for the hires, may be he has a person or two that are coming but they have obligation where they are that has to finish out. I don't know that just speculating.

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Seems like I heard CBK say he will take some time for the hires, may be he has a person or two that are coming but they have obligation where they are that has to finish out. I don't know that just speculating.

Quoted Bill Parcells and said he'd be "Slow to hire and quick to fire." I'm supportive of him taking the time to shake the trees and get the right hire. I also suspect he may be working the donors to maximize his resources for staff.

As far as the offensive staff, I don't feel like it's as urgent to have them in place. If Pyron, Gibson, McCollum, pretty much the whole OL and Dontae (as rumored) are coming back, we're well positioned on our offensive personnel for next year. So, it isn't as pressing to have someone here for, recruiting purposes, before signing day. Still would be nice. But I'd rather have an ace OC working with who we have and bringing in 'his guys' next year for the long term; than someone we can get quick to try to bring in whoever's available for next year.