General Investing and Economics Discussion - No Politics

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Just an update on this if anyone cared...I bought about a week to early but as of today up to around $11 per share. So, getting close to doubling my money on this.

Luckin Coffee, despite the accounting scandal, is still China's second largest coffee retailer. That's not going away. Eventually all the money they spent on expanding physical space and building their presence will be paid back. I compare them to JD.com vs Alibaba. JD spend years investing in their retail networks and setting up infrastructure...and investors saw losses for years. Unlike JD.com, Luckin tried to hide those losses, and obfuscated sales with promotions. Where JD is now starting to realize the upside from all the work they put into their earlier investments, Luckin is probably gonna have to go through a lot of pain doing it the right way.

I invested in Luckin at $19 and saw it rise up to $50+...then the scandal hit. I didn't put a stop loss on it and paid. I still hold my original investment, but obviously I took a hit.

Deleted member 2897

It’s crazy. A bunch of irritated redditors made a fund borrow 3 billion after the fund shorted the stock. Some rando put $50k life savings into GameStop in September and turned it into 13 mil.

The road is littered with people who played the wrong side of that stuff too. Tesla should be like 1/10th or 1/20th the price it is today. But I learned a long time ago not to try and outguess other people.

Lotta Booze

Ramblin' Wreck
GME over 300

choo GIF

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Robinhood is living up to its name

The crazy/hilarious thing is these hedge funds have the audacity to whine about a group of online investors teaming up to run them out of their short positions. Hedge funds have been playing that game for decades, and now they're getting payback from the masses...and they don't like it. LOL.

EDIT:

F%ck this guy. The rich don't like when the masses turn their own rules on them.

Lotta Booze

Ramblin' Wreck
The crazy/hilarious thing is these hedge funds have the audacity to whine about a group of online investors teaming up to run them out of their short positions. Hedge funds have been playing that game for decades, and now they're getting payback from the masses...and they don't like it. LOL.

EDIT:

F%ck this guy. The rich don't like when the masses turn their own rules on them.

Yeah, if there's anyone to "blame" it shouldn't be the people simply buying shares. It should be those responsible for shorting too many shares without a hedge

Deleted member 2897

Yeah, if there's anyone to "blame" it shouldn't be the people simply buying shares. It should be those responsible for shorting too many shares without a hedge

100%. Or look at the inverse - what they've done 100 times, which is to short companies or make big margin plays, make a ton of money, and that's all been okay. They're not allowed to make a bad bet? LOLOLOL.