Gaudin Vs Durham

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Watch the clocks. The timer stopped the clock with 0.1 sec. left on the clock while the ball was still in the air, 5 feet from the basket. If you extrapolate, the clock should have been 0.0 when the ball passed through the hoop, not 0.1 sec. For the life of me, I can't see why in our own house the timekeeper would be in BC's favor.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
Watch the clocks. The timer stopped the clock with 0.1 sec. left on the clock while the ball was still in the air, 5 feet from the basket. If you extrapolate, the clock should have been 0.0 when the ball passed through the hoop, not 0.1 sec. For the life of me, I can't see why in our own house the timekeeper would be in BC's favor.

I think it's because the foul was called, which stopped the clock before it ran out? But if that was the case then there should have been more time than just .1 left. But that has to be the reason- they couldn't run the time all the way out when there was a foul on the shot.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, the clock operator did a good job of stopping it at the whistle, which I think is the rule. Regardless, we won.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I think it's because the foul was called, which stopped the clock before it ran out? But if that was the case then there should have been more time than just .1 left. But that has to be the reason- they couldn't run the time all the way out when there was a foul on the shot.
That makes sense. Then the clock ran after the wistle (human reaction time probably). Also, maybe a little home cookin'? If Duke and UNC can get it, why can't we?

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
That makes sense. Then the clock ran after the wistle (human reaction time probably). Also, maybe a little home cookin'? If Duke and UNC can get it, why can't we?

Fwiw, the clock stopped at .1 sec. They put .7 sec after replay based on when the foul occurred. A difference of .6 sec for both the whistle and the clock stop is hardly home cookin.