Gardner-Webb

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Having a respectable start at 5-2. Best App State (2), Georgia State, Delaware and NC A&T. Losses to App State and NC A&T

Weather looks warm and cloudy. Good!

Figure Bartnicki starts. Not yet up on Ramblin Wreck.
CDH said in postgame Sunday that it would be Bartnicki on Tuesday. IIRC... the context was he hope to see the same "upward progress" trend seen with both Roedig & Maxwell in their 2nd starts in OSU series.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
I wanted to start this thread since it worked for OSU.......

Hope Bartniki is a lot more efficient than 82 pitches in 4.0. He was hurt by an error but 3BB and 1HBP.
I’m just glad you are as superstitious as I am. Totally going to eat the same food, wake up at the same time(being semi-retired, I took the 3,4,5 off the alarm clock-lol).
Need to stick pins in the stuffed bulldog four separate mornings this week, since we play nothing but Mutts this week.

Noticed we moved up to 17th this week.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
Bartnicki pulled after about 35 pitches to save him for uga. Love the forward thinking from the coaches with this game seemingly out of reach early.

Deleted member 2897

Spoke to Austin Wilhite’s dad for quite a while at the game. Said Nick left open coming back for 1 more year but that it seems like the passion had just died. Didn’t sound like baseball is on his mind. Also spoke to Jackson Webb’s dad for a bit. They were always Georgia fans growing up and he/they assumed Jackson would go to Georgia. It came down to Georgia, Auburn, and Georgia Tech. When Jackson made his decision, he phrased it, “Om going to Georgia Texh - you mad?” HA! His dad was like “Going to a top program with an elite education to play for a Hall of Fame coach? No I’m not mad!” :D. So funny - I can totally see that - you mad bro?! Both dads were really good cool gentlemen.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
Spoke to Austin Wilhite’s dad for quite a while at the game. Said Nick left open coming back for 1 more year but that it seems like the passion had just died. Didn’t sound like baseball is on his mind. Also spoke to Jackson Webb’s dad for a bit. They were always Georgia fans growing up and he/they assumed Jackson would go to Georgia. It came down to Georgia, Auburn, and Georgia Tech. When Jackson made his decision, he phrased it, “Om going to Georgia Texh - you mad?” HA! His dad was like “Going to a top program with an elite education to play for a Hall of Fame coach? No I’m not mad!” :D. So funny - I can totally see that - you mad bro?! Both dads were really good cool gentlemen.

Nice. Most of the parents I've talked to over the years have been as well. Most recently Jared Datoc's and Kyle McCann's parents.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I grew up with the Wilhites (went to the same school) and then played against them in Middle School a lot. They are just really good kids and Mr. Wilhite was always fun to talk to.