GAMEDAY!!!!!

IEEEWreck

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm still trying to figure out if it's the electrons or the holes that are moving. Throwing a lifeline to anyone who can answer that question.

Yellow...
Three things:
1. The direct answer is yes, to the extent that you buy into the concept of a hole as being a valid physical construct capable of movement. The math says a delta of -1 is just a delta of 1 in another reference frame.
The philisophical notion of a lack of something being able to move may be less valid.
2. The motion of electons gets weird, and by weird I mean brownian. Viewing things as fields is much cleaner if you want to model work being done.
3. GO JACKETS!

slugboy

Staff member
I'm still trying to figure out if it's the electrons or the holes that are moving. Throwing a lifeline to anyone who can answer that question.

Yellow...
Go to the description in this video and look at the links (I can’t copy the description on my phone)

Electrons move, but it’s not a breeze of electrons moving a motor or heating a filament. It’s the field (look at the third video)

Last edited:

Creative

Georgia Tech Fan
This is the first time in a LONG time I am excited to see GT play. The entire GC tenure I was nervous/worried every time we took the field. Couldn’t get excited. CBK may not be any better, but he sure seems like an actual football coach. GO TECH!!!
It’s funny, I wrote the “Who Cares” post last Saturday and now, I too care more than I have since, say the game after we beat UNC. I’ll be happy with competency, effort, clock management, fire in the sideline and NO BLOCKED PUNTS. We shall see. Go jackets.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
Looks like 50% chance of rain and 52F during the game. What says the genius's on GT Swarm? Any advantage either way?

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Looks like 50% chance of rain and 52F during the game. What says the genius's on GT Swarm? Any advantage either way?
Hopefully the rain stops. We need Jeff to sling today to have a shot, plus Pitt's physical run game is built for stormy conditions.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Around noon I checked Byron Allen’s future radar for Pittsburgh and it said lighting rain expected for the entire game

Rammy

Georgia Tech Fan
Good day for former Tech players - Gibbs just exploded for a 72-yard TD. Jared Ivey causes fumble on last play of game to win it for Ole Miss

Thwg777

Jolly Good Fellow
528741F4-A3A3-4B81-B6D0-03DBD36549FE.jpeg