Gameday!!!!!!!!!!!!

ClydeBrick

Ramblin' Wreck
Brothers and sisters it is Gameday!

Today, is probably going to be a hard day. When it comes to football the next several weeks may be even worse. But today - today I am going to go to Grant Field to support my team.

I have thought about this post for several weeks and how I would craft something that was as upbeat as possible given the circumstances. In the seven years that I have been starting the Gameday thread here, this was one that I thought that I would come up short. And maybe I have.

I read something this week about today's game and I thought that I would share it here with you. It comes from another GT site, and written by someone that I really don't know IRL, but I have come to know and respect through his posts on that site. His post moved me and made me reexamine what going to the games can mean. I present it here for your edification:

. . .

This game is probably going to be awful. We're gonna get barked at, barfed on, forced to smell things we can't even name, we might get fleas, there will probably be some fights, and we're going to have to insult some people because we can't understand a word they're saying, when we'd rather be insulting them for other reasons. We're probably going to get destroyed, too, by a record setting margin, in one of the most embarrassing showings in school history - to cap off one of the most embarrassing three year stretches in school history. This may be so bad, it might even be the single worst game any of you ever has the opportunity to attend in your lives.

I couldn't imagine not wanting to be there, honestly. Everyone you meet at this game wearing gold is going to be a true fan, a fan of fans who dwells in fanhalla forever, and you have a chance to be among them for the price of one afternoon of pain. This is the trial by fire, the refining moment where the purest and the most powerful fans are made, and even if you don't think you're worthy of that, don't you want to bask in the glow of the people who are? Those are my kind of people, and I'd rather spend one miserable afternoon with them than ten years of games with the come-and-go nobodies who only show up for themselves.

And then, there's always the fact that football is the game that defies all things, and that's why they play the games. If you're standing in the crowd when that happens this time, you've gained an experience that 99% of the fans you know and all their generations after them will only ever dream about.

Let's do this freakin thing, I'm pumped.

So if you have tickets consider going. If all you can do is watch on TV, do so. Hang with the young men who have dedicated much more time to this season than any mere fan could ever think to do. Stay with it for as long as you can. Then we can let the long offseason wash over us.

So get up and get your gold on, it's the end of Hate Week, it's Clean Old Fashioned Hate, it's Gameday!

Toe meets leather at Noon.

THWG!

Last edited:

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
No matter how much I dislike our coach and state of the program, I despise the gagers!! Today, I'm Collin's biggest fan!

YELLOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Be Careful Football GIF by Major League Soccer

gtphd

Jolly Good Fellow
So what’s the best come back when dwag fans bring up this game tomorrow?

I care about every game, but this is the one with real-world implications for me. How do I respond when My shirt is mocked between when I tell him “burrito bowl” and “brown rice.”

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Ugh, **** it. THWG! Let’s win a miracle 28-27 with a bunch of weird defense and special teams scores

Sorry to double this up. Meant to post it here earlier.

Bonaire41

Jolly Good Fellow
There the No 1 team in the country and they have destroyed every body that they have played all year except Clemson but the score was the only thing that’s was close in that game. They will be no shame for me for this game and nor should it be. There defense will go down as one of the best ever. Our players and coaches are going to fight there tall off in this game and when the game is over with I’m going to be proud of there effort and proud to be a jacket.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Our players and coaches are going to fight there tall off in this game and when the game is over with I’m going to be proud of there effort and proud to be a jacket
I sure as hell hope you’re right. I didn’t get that impression watching last week’s game. Hopefully they took that performance to heart and show up ready to go today.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
THWG!! I'm going to be watching in spirit today, when I don't watch we tend to do better.

Maybe today we pull off a miracle or maybe today we see thacker and coach p pull of some new tricks. Either way hopefully it's not a shutout

Bonaire41

Jolly Good Fellow
I sure as hell hope you’re right. I didn’t get that impression watching last week’s game. Hopefully they took that performance to heart and show up ready to go today.
I just do not want too see no thrashing talking on the field and no personal fouls by our players. They have lost the right to do that they way they have played all year.

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
So what’s the best come back when dwag fans bring up this game tomorrow?

I care about every game, but this is the one with real-world implications for me. How do I respond when My shirt is mocked between when I tell him “burrito bowl” and “brown rice.”
I always use “ until Tech expects less from the football players or Georgia expects more, UGA will always have an advantage”. When they ask what I mean, I point out the academic achievement rate (Tech is in the top 5, GA I’d in the bottom 2 or 3), Academic exceptions made for the players (at one time I know that over half of the gaffer team didn’t meet UGA’s academic requirements) , and most importantly, in the past 22 months, UGA has had twice as many players arrested as Texh has had in the past 22 years.