Gameday!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DieselTeeth

Jolly Good Fellow
CGC is a master tactician. Call a TO just before your QB scores a game winning TD and take it to OT where we win a close one.
this ithe scond time out Collins called, to screw us out of points. where is the game management???

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
That was simply the worst coached game I've seen for Tech since we lost to Furman in 1983.

We had two 3 and out series spoiled by unsportsmanlike conduct taunting penalties. Two! In the same drive. And no one was removed from the game as a result. Oh, and they scored.

We had a sideline interference warning. And our coaches visibly complained about it.

They ran the ball at will. Indeed, they looked a lot like we would have looked if Paul was still on the sidelines with the same team. The score at the half would have been at least 28 - 0 if we had been doing to them what they did to us. They ended up with 320 yards rushing, largely because they wore our D out. Very poor preparation for an offense we ran for 11 years. Why did that happen? My guess is that the coaches actually thought that our physical advantages would negate the spread option. No need to prepare! Jimmys and Joes beat Xs and Os! Right.

We have one QB wh0 consistently gains yardage and leads us to scores: Tobias. We aren't playing him. Why? As near as I can tell, the coaches (I almost put that in quotes) seem to think that we need to prepare for the future by playing a QB who can "run the offense better." Problem = he can't lead us to wins. And, for some reason, the coaches don't seem to be too worried about this. I might add that the calls on offense were consistently really bad. I don't know why we aren't trying to do what we, in fact, can.

Perhaps the most disturbing thing was the way there were players on our side who were acting like cheerleaders, obviously trying to catch the coaches attention. So our players become – I have to say it – suck ups. I've seen this happen before. It shouldn't happen on any football team.

Absolutely pitiful coaching performance. A lot of talent wasted. Wasted!

Last edited:

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Paul might have had a big smile on his face(y)
Actually, I know exactly what Paul looked like.

During our 2007 bowl game against Fresno State, they shifted the camera over to our box during an offensive series. Paul had just been hired and was watching the game intently. The look of utter contempt for our offensive performance on his face was absolutely priceless.

If he watched today's game, he would have had that same look.

T-Bone Burdell

Georgia Tech Fan
Actually, I know exactly what Paul looked like.

During our 2007 bowl game against Fresno State, they shifted the camera over to our box during an offensive series. Paul had just been hired and was watching the game intently. The look of utter contempt for our offensive performance on his face was absolutely priceless.

If he watched today's game, he would have had that same look.

Dude. I have that exact same moment and camera shot burned into my brain, too.

TheTimes

Jolly Good Fellow
Losing sucks. Losing to inferior teams really sucks. But for the love of God, stop trashing the coaches after 3 games. Stop trashing players. As fans we need to keep putting out positive energy. The transition out of the Triple is going to be a lot worse if the fans aren't supportive. Thats how u lose recruits.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
Losing sucks. Losing to inferior teams really sucks. But for the love of God, stop trashing the coaches after 3 games. Stop trashing players. As fans we need to keep putting out positive energy. The transition out of the Triple is going to be a lot worse if the fans aren't supportive. Thats how u lose recruits.
What people do online doesn't have all that much impact,recruits look at results online and in newspapers. That's just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.