Game Thread - @ UNC, 1/4/2020

alagold

Helluva Engineer
The UNC forum is stunned --but not surprised apparently.They have been use to seeing bad offense recently but this went to a new level. --15 minutes without a FG--that is almost hard to believe even for us ,but for Uncheat--astonishing. I LOVE IT.I like them less than even dook.
This is almost like the win over unc during the Gator Bowl 3? yrs ago.
Just wow!.

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
The UNC forum is stunned --but not surprised apparently.They have been use to seeing bad offense recently but this went to a new level. --15 minutes without a FG--that is almost hard to believe even for us ,but for Uncheat--astonishing. I LOVE IT.I like them less than even dook.
This is almost like the win over unc during the Gator Bowl 3? yrs ago.
Just wow!.

It was 0-15 over 13 minutes... but yeah, it was astonishing.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
I'm still... Wow, just wow!
a89a60591f8a8a2fa64530efce1e517f.jpg

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Good win tonight. Maybe the best game we have played this year. Jose was great and Wright is the most improved player on the team. He has come a long way since his freshman year. Nice to get points other than relying on Devoe and still winning. Liked the way we slowed the game down to work the clock with about 4 minutes to go and still scored to keep 4 possession game. Banks was motivated tonight and played well. Devoe must be drawing teams best defender.

jbix80

Ramblin' Wreck
Good win tonight. Maybe the best game we have played this year. Jose was great and Wright is the most improved player on the team. He has come a long way since his freshman year. Nice to get points other than relying on Devoe and still winning. Liked the way we slowed the game down to work the clock with about 4 minutes to go and still scored to keep 4 possession game. Banks was motivated tonight and played well. Devoe must be drawing teams best defender.
Foul trouble messed Devoe up tonight. Never got into any rhythm.

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
Looking at those team stats is pretty crazy. We basically just out shot them. Everything else is pretty close. They beat us on the boards and at the line. Their 0-15 start (and our defense) had a lot to do with it. We got a ton of points in the paint (easy 2 pointers). 32 in the first half and 56 in the game.

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
Moses was an animal...decisive in his moves and quick to attack the basket. If he continues to stay within himself and his strengths, he will continue to be in considerations for player of the week.

Jose was a savage...S/O Joel Berry

Banks looked like he was actually into the game and I loved Usher's attitude out there (especially constantly pumpin up James)

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
Thought we looked good in almost every aspect of the game. Devoe didn't have a good game but others played better than normal to make up for it. Shooting was better and turnovers weren't the albatross they've been this year.

Only real negative was our interior defense, esp on dribble penetration and dish to the bigs. We allowed a journeyman to put up 35 points.

I plan to enjoy this one. Loved seeing Jose punking the "cheese and wine" crowd. (yes. Sam Cassell said it that way, not wine & cheese)

Ramblingon

Ramblin' Wreck
Wow. Regardless of anything you have to be pleased with that performance. Great TEAM effort. Play Cole more...he's worth it. And Parham took a lot of hits, but played well. First time we've won there in 10 years. Anthony may be out, but UNC has a lot of top players. I'm not sure if I've seen a team not hit a basket in the first 13 1/2 minutes. At least (for them) they stress free throw shooting.