Game Thread - @ UNC, 1/4/2020

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
I was really happy to see Cole working that baseline backdoor cut instead of standing in the corner.

We played a great game, especially Jose, so I don’t want to nitpick, but I thought Jose looked for the lob a few too many times instead of just shooting the runner in the lane. A couple of the lobs ended up being turnovers in the second half. You have to maintain your threat to score to force the defense to help. Easier said than done I know, especially in the face of guys a foot taller than you.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
Roy Williams always the class act calling his team “least gifted I’ve ever coached”

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-b...iams-calls-unc-team-least-gifted-ever-coached

F Roy Williams. Perhaps UNC is not as gifted this year because they're hesitating to pay players because of the Addidas scandal. Or perhaps they have to go to classes and actually try to learn something other than basketball or basketweaving. Or perhaps, they just got beat down. Injuries are a part of the game after all, as we all know here.

I don't care. He can use whatever motivational technique he likes, and perhaps it may work for his team. All I know is that he gave no credit to Tech (from what I recall) in the post game press conference for coming out and beating their a$$. I did not read, or listen to, the link in the post attached (thus don't know if it's an article or a video or what he actually said), but I don't need to. After listening to Roy William's post game press conference, which basically stated a similar position that his team was useless and made no mention of what Tech may have done to beat them, I no longer have much respect for him. And, believe it or not, I did prior to this game. And you can make the argument that he was just pissed off after the game, but if he made similar statements in an espn article days later (which I admit I haven't read)... I would think that even a pissed off Coach K would give credit to the other team for something in his post game presser, even if they got beat the way UNC did...

I know it irritates a lot of people when Pastner gives credit to the other team after every loss we have, whether Ball State or Kentucky. But some people lose with class and others don't. Just my opinion.