Game Thread - Syracuse, 12/7

slugboy

Staff member

I watched about half, but YouTube was recommending a magician doing card tricks. Much easier to watch the card tricks.

A couple of take aways from what I could manage to watch through:
1. He said the game plan relied on Moses and Banks dominating and making hay in the “red area”. At one point, he said we needed about 25-30 out of Moses. If that was the plan, it was a bold plan.
2. I wasn’t really happy with the presser

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Well we know what the dwaggies feel like tonight. Both of us got our arse kicked :inpain:
At least "we" enjoyed the Tigers victory. [emoji3526]

If we'd have lost the ACC championship game like we did today oh, it'd be a little bit easier to swallow getting our asses handed to us.

ESPNjacket

Helluva Engineer
I watched about half, but YouTube was recommending a magician doing card tricks. Much easier to watch the card tricks.

1. He said the game plan relied on Moses and Banks dominating and making hay in the “red area”. At one point, he said we needed about 25-30 out of Moses. If that was the plan, it was a bold plan.

This is playing out like Sasquatch. He doesn't like us and we don't like him. He was fortunate when he bragged about his prowess as a student at Arizona in Family Studies that most of our alumni weren't watching.

We need to do a better job identifying people who fit here. We are weird. Embrace it.

StingU2

Jolly Good Fellow

Lost by 34 pts and Pastner is talking like Moses coming up 8 pts shy of the prerequisite number that he had for him would have made a difference! lol
Even if Moses and Banks had scored 25 pts apiece the outcome would have been the same.

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
A waste of time and money to go to this game today. The only way I'm going back is to see the women's team. I sat through this mess today, I hope Stansbury did too. Horrible.

herb

Helluva Engineer
This is not me calling for CJP's job and this is not @Peacone36 posting on this forum that CJP should be gone, but "uniokkelg" tells me we've hit the over!

Is it because there is no use for calling for it because the buy out prevents it or because you think it is undeserved?

ESPNjacket

Helluva Engineer
Lost by 34 pts and Pastner is talking like Moses coming up 8 pts shy of the prerequisite number that he had for him would have made a difference! lol
Even if Moses and Banks had scored 25 pts apiece the outcome would have been the same.

He likes reading numbers but has no idea what they mean. This guy is a short bus rider. He is a terrible match for GT.

slugboy

Staff member
He likes reading numbers but has no idea what they mean. This guy is a short bus rider. He is a terrible match for GT.

I don’t usually like to say someone is in over their head, because it can be a lazy explanation. It’s also hard to become a head coach in the P5, so you’ve got to have some knowledge to make it that far.
Last year, Pastner talked a ton about positionless basketball on a squad that wasn’t loaded with outside shooters. It didn’t work, and it didn’t look like they knew how to coach it. To the coaches’ credit, they got away from that offensive experiment.
I’ve got no clue what offense they’re trying to implement now. I haven’t felt good about the offensive game plans for about two years.
So, I don’t think he has a workable plan for the offense, and maybe he is in over his head.
If it’s the Ron Bell stuff, he better get the offense squared away now that the case is settled. And hopefully get the defense playing again.