Game Thread - @ Pitt, 2/8/2020

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer
I believe this game is setting up well for us. They’ve been struggling some of late, we’ve been playing well of late and we play well on the road.

It would be really awesome if the good guys could go on a run to finish the regular season.

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
Pitt has no bigs. Moses should be a focus on offense. Banks should have 12-16 on putbacks and post ups. Both should have double digit rebounds. Key is to limit TOs (duh. Every game) and contain their perimeter guys (Johnson, Champagnie, McGowens and Murphy)

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Pitt has no bigs but Champagnie and Toney are good on the glass. McGowens is good at home. All that said, you gonna bet against Jose right now? Ha. No sir. GT ML

GTsports1819

Georgia Tech Fan
We match up well with them, and lately we've been dominating on the glass. As others said, limit the TO's, get to the FT line (and stay out of foul trouble) and we should be good today. Would love to see us get off to a fast start and bury them like we did Vatech.

Feels like we need to sweep this team if we want to keep the postseason hopes alive.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
VT didn't make 3's. Some were contested and some were open. The mismatches mean we are going to try to play zone as much as we can. The zone will give open corner 3's if you move the ball. They make them and it is a different game than VT. They don't and most likely game over unless we Muck things up

ESPNjacket

Helluva Engineer
GT hasn't won back to back ACC games this season. That needs to be broken today to have any chance to salvage the season.

slugboy

Staff member
I don’t know if I’m impressed or stunned that Jose practiced the day after his daughter was born. I’d be distracted, but it seems like he’s hyper-focused

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deleted member 2897

Yet another game we should have won by 12-15 points. Beat them pretty handily in nearly every category........except turnovers. Another 20 turnovers resulted in Pitt having a third more possessions. You can’t give any team in any sport a third more possessions. So sad.

Jacket4Life

Jolly Good Fellow
What is wrong with Jose? Is he hurt or something? He hasn’t tried to drive with ball the entire game. Looks hesitant to shoot, and has played extremely passive on defense.