Game Thread - Bethune Cookman, 12/1/2019

THWG16

Ramblin' Wreck
You’re not listening to what people are telling you. Here’s a simple assignment for you. Go and take a look at what UGA is paying Tom Crean and his staff, and then compare that against what our staff is receiving. They’re investing in their basketball because their athletic department is generating extreme amounts of revenue. That is due to the heavy amount of donations they receive..amongst other things. We do not have that for a variety of reasons.

The reason everyone keeps talking to you about donating is because we don’t have the money to a.) fire Pastner and pay yet another buyout or b.) hire another coach that is going to move the needle. It’s not hard to understand. As bad as you think it is, our team is more talented and much closer to being competitive than when Brian Gregory was at the end of his tenure.

When someone (you) keeps harping about the glory days (30 years ago) and doesn’t understand the semantics, it’s a bit frustrating.
I understand it’s good for people to give if they can , and I’m not gonna keep harping on this I swear , but I think it’s elementary to come to the conclusion that the powers in college sports are not due to the common fan donating cash , it’s how much the school values sports ! And right now we have 2 coaches (JP & GC ) who continuously blame things from the past for their struggles : with GC it’s the biggest transformation since the flood & with JP its the fact that Okogie left early . Just coach , recruit & stop excuses . Anyway I won’t bring this up again ... go jackets

THWG16

Ramblin' Wreck
I understand it’s good for people to give if they can , and I’m not gonna keep harping on this I swear , but I think it’s elementary to come to the conclusion that the powers in college sports are not due to the common fan donating cash , it’s how much the school values sports ! And right now we have 2 coaches (JP & GC ) who continuously blame things from the past for their struggles : with GC it’s the biggest transformation since the flood & with JP its the fact that Okogie left early . Just coach , recruit & stop excuses . Anyway I won’t bring this up again ... go jackets
I meant to add also that I don’t think GT values sports as much as a lot of schools & I wish they would & think they should

THWG16

Ramblin' Wreck
Devoe is a B-A-L-L-E-R.

The other post while Banks is in, needs to do a better job on help defense. James is going to go for the block 10 out of 10 times and we need someone there to rotate and put a body on James's man. Way too many easy putbacks or offensive rebounds.

Price was reckless again with the ball, and the jump shot looks good but just isnt falling yet.

Bubba looked more agressive. Me gusta.

And Evan Cole yaaaaam! That is all.
Will this be Devoe’s Last year ?

THWG16

Ramblin' Wreck
The game wasn't terrible at all. B-C played well, especially in the first half and the smiling Pope kid was legit. But we clamped down on defense in the second half, held them to 29% in the 2nd half. It was an exciting game, it was a come from behind win and it was contested until the end. I think that makes for fun viewing.

As fans we want perfection and we critique and break down every little thing we see. We tend to say, "If we do that against Duke..." or, "If we don't clean this up by Kentucky...." or, "How many games do we have to win to make the NCAAT?"

But that shouldn't detract us from enjoying a competitive and close basketball game. Most of our games so far have been really exciting games. Not perfect games, but entertaining games. We shot 52% from the field. We are shooting .455 for the season (against .350 for the opposition). We just need to get more attempts. The team is a work in progress. There is room to grow. it might happen. It might not. But no need to extrapolate one game to the next.

The biggest plus for me from the B-C game was that Parham started to look more comfortable as the lead guard. If Alvarado is going to be awhile, then this development is imperative. If he finds his game with extended minutes then the Alvarado injury could be a mixed blessing in the long run. Good move by Pastner to let Alvarado heal fully.
I get your point but GT should never be in a struggle with a team like this

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
If he averages 20 through the ACC season he may well change minds and go. But he doesn't really have NCAA level athleticism so I think there will be real questions about how he would translate to that level. Can g he guard that level and could he get his shot off.

On the other side 20 per game in the ACC is a strong statement and I would congratulate him regardless of what the NBA did.

MiracleWhips

Ramblin' Wreck
Got a lot of work to do. Release still too slow on the jump shot for the next level. Can’t do it off the dribble consistently
Is that something that would keep him from getting to the next level? You’re definitely right about his shot being to slow but I gotta give him credit. So far he’s proven to be a great finisher around the rim and although he’s not an elite shot creator he’s able to find ways to consistently get to his spots. With all that being said it’s still a long season and we have yet to get into conference so we will see.

whitegoldsphinx

Ramblin' Wreck
I didn’t realize that he was pegged preseason player of the year in his conference until the post game interview with Coach Pastner.
In the TV pre game, Rathman said his nickname was the "Shaq of the MEAC". I knew I was going to watch him closely to see if he could live up to that kind of hype. He did.