Game Thread: 1/2/19 7:30 USC Upstate

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
We got a game today against something called USC Upstate.

Hopefully we see some progress before our ACC slate starts.

oh-my-god.gif

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
I hope the team and the fans put on a good show for the recruits. Atmosphere is everything when recruits are in attendance. I wish we could fill the place up, but it will probably be mostly empty.

Not sure why recruits are coming to watch this game when the Clemson game is three days away. I fear the place will be so empty tonight, you'll be able to hear guys call screens and sneakers squeak.

bos

Helluva Engineer
What an ugly game form both team. Missing wide open dunks and layups. Turnovers all over the place.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Closer than what the final score indicates. Well for the first 32 minutes or so any way.

Good news is playing time for more than what will be the core 6 or 7.

slugboy

Staff member
For those that missed the game:

Alvarado was gimpy, but played.

Evan Cole was the #1 scorer.

Devoe might have had his best scoring output so far.

The game started with suspect passing and rebounding, but improved in the second half

Scoring was spread around

Haywood and Alston contributed well

We went to more of a slashing and cutting offense, which I thought was more fun to watch

SC Upstate is not a strong team, but played well, considering

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
Watched most of second half. USCU should never be able to stay within single digits, but I liked the way the team played through it and found a way to win. The game gave Devoe extended minutes and hope it helped his confidence. Also hope AD & Cole get some beneficial carryover from their performances tonight. Looked like CGB had a good first half stat-wise. Second half he didn't contribute much but didn't look bad.

Really hope Alvarado heals up and is ready to go full speed on Saturday. Wake at our place is a must win

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Only listened but glad to hear Cole played well. Having a legit stretch 4 would be huge for the way Pastner wants to play.

I’ll take the win for sure