Game Planning FSU

TechTravis

Ramblin' Wreck
There are several unique challenges I see presenting themselves to us on saturday. Techniques/strategies we may not have had to use before. Here are the first few that come to mind:

Jameis Winston: For all the negatives, he is a terrifyingly gifted athlete, and prodigious at both running and throwing the football. If the pocket breaks down, we could be in real trouble. I think, especially early in the game on 3rd downs, we have to be unbelievably disciplined in setting and holding the edge of the pocket, rather than screaming up field on defense at the snap of the ball. I'd also be in favor of ghosting or spying Winston with a linebacker or safety on passing downs. Guys can rotate so as to confuse the look pre-snap on defense. Nealy, White, Davis, and D. Smith are all guys I'd consider for this. Isaiah Johnson, too.

Nick O'Leary: Without doubt the best TE we'll have seen all year. Game changer at that spot. Gifted athlete and willing blocker. Gonna be crucial not to let him collapse that side of the defense on run downs, or we'll be in big trouble. On obvious passing downs, I'd be ok with bracketing him, as I don't feel FSUs WR's are as dangerous as in years past. Maybe play Davis underneath and White over the-top. Make someone else beat you.

Dalvin Cook: RB. Fast. Fast. Fast. Gotta hit him hard early and bring him down. Gang tackle him. Pursuit will be critical. Hats flying to the football, as my old coach would say. Don't let him get into the second level, or it'll be a long day.

Other folks can chime in now.