game day!

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
It's that again!
Spring is in the air (even though it will be cold this wknd ).
I'm beyond ready to be watching some beesball!

THWG

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
6-1 first. Not a bad start!

We opened the season with a three base error though. But real power from Gold on 3R HR. Kel Johnson got a hit to start his GT career.

I missed part of the first inning (broken water line seemed like a higher priority for some reason), King looks like he's doing fine ...... sh1t King just gave up a HR after putting 4 down in a row. 6-2

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
7th inning, 10 men to the plate so far. Our pitcher is very cold ...... 13-3. Schniederjans needs to do something to warm up.

We score 13 every game and we'll do ok.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Oops 13-3 Kel Johnson with a 2 run shot, 2nd HR today. :D

Kel is only 4 for 5 today. Not bad to start off his GT career. I wonder how much is raw talent and how much is pitchers don't know how to pitch to him. Since Hall put Kel in clean up spot, you have to think Hall is very confident in his hitting ability.

Up 13-3 in the 8th Kel is replaced for defense. I expect this to happen all season - Kel gets pulled when he may have seen his last at bat for defense.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Kel is only 4 for 5 today. Not bad to start off his GT career. I wonder how much is raw talent and how much is pitchers don't know how to pitch to him. Since Hall put Kel in clean up spot, you have to think Hall is very confident in his hitting ability.

Raw talent is hard to beat, he is at as much as a disadvantage as the pitchers in that neither have seen the other

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Other than a couple of jittery opening day plays in the field, I thought we looked really good today. But I guess you always do when you win by 17-3. Still, I am encouraged.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
By the way, will we ever get any info about the drone that interrupted the game today? Like....who did it belong to? And why were they flying over RCS? Was it the Feds spying on us?

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
By the way, will we ever get any info about the drone that interrupted the game today? Like....who did it belong to? And why were they flying over RCS? Was it the Feds spying on us?

I don't understand the excitement. Drones are pretty low tech ... this one was the helicopter variety, probably controlled visually and fell apart on its own. Hardly an exemplary model.

Now if it had been weaponized to dodge and destroy baseballs thrown at it, that would be cool.

I think Fox News said Obama was behind it and CNBC said Boehner was. And Cheney said it was a terrorist threat.

GT_ATL

Georgia Tech Fan
Looks like the lowered seams are having their impact. I think it's good, a good team in a premier conference should be able to threaten to put up 15-20 against an also ran program like St Johns any given day; the situation last year where every game was 3-2 was atrocious. Also, GT hit 3 homers yesterday-team didn't hit 3 in a game one time last season.