Game Day

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Okay, okay, I guess I deserved the ridicule :D, I knew what I meant to type, my fingers just decided on something else!
No ridicule, just a funny mistake and good observation on 87's part. I read your post the first time and didn't even notice. We have all done it at one time or another.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
No ridicule, just a funny mistake and good observation on 87's part. I read your post the first time and didn't even notice. We have all done it at one time or another.

Oh I know, brain goes one way and the fingers another. I was more so poking fun at myself. It did sound funny when I went back and read it, something out of a bad Kung Fu movie!

Nook Su Kow

Ramblin' Wreck
Pretty lit right now, but week 2 will really see how far we have came with upgrades in option game. Pretty disappointed in that aspect of today

Nook Su Kow

Ramblin' Wreck
Bottom line for me: having game time threads like this is a waste. People lose their heads when watching a game. Every play or mistake is indicative of what the ENTIRE season is going to be like. Pleeeeeeease!
Last 3 years have a been mediocre Bubb, and that was dominating this level If competition. Just gotta see the week to week increase of level playing

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I think Mark Bradley makes an interesting point:

http://markbradley.blog.ajc.com/2014/08/30/about-tech-the-good-the-bad-and-the-wofford/

Tech threw the ball better than Tech usually throws the ball, but that’s not entirely a positive. Making his first start at quarterback, Justin Thomas completed 11 of 15 passes for 282 yards and two touchdowns. That’s a good thing. The bad thing is the Jackets needed to throw the ball to win. They couldn’t make Paul Johnson’s option work the way he wants it to work, this despite an offseason devoted to remastering Johnson’s creation. Tech was outrushed by Wofford, which deploys the old-school wishbone, 271 yards to 226. Thomas made the Terriers pay for their attention to Tech’s running game, but how many games are the Jackets apt to win if their quarterback has to throw for nearly 300 yards?

I for one am pleasantly surprised by how well we threw the ball, especially JT's throws down the seam to Zenon. The thing is, we've always had success throwing the ball against a team like Wofford. It is a little concerning that we couldn't run at will against them considering how big of a deal we made all off season about "getting back to the basics" of our offense.

I hope to see a big jump next game in run game production.

GT threw the ball better than any other team in the country. That's why we won; we were able to take what was given. {See QB rating http://www.cfbstats.com/2014/leader/national/team/offense/split01/category02/sort02.html }