Game Day Roll Call!!

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
Typical Georgia Tech. My dad can’t go to the dame because he doesn’t want to possibly sit in the rain. (He’s 91 and a 65 year season ticket holder so cut him some slack. 😏) Went online to transfer his tickets and I got this….

1662832436841.png

On Gameday. Trying to get other fans there. Can’t do it because of shoddy technology. Amazing that the GTAA doesn’t just implode. 😐

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Typical Georgia Tech. My dad can’t go to the dame because he doesn’t want to possibly sit in the rain. (He’s 91 and a 65 year season ticket holder so cut him some slack. 😏) Went online to transfer his tickets and I got this….

View attachment 13002

On Gameday. Trying to get other fans there. Can’t do it because of shoddy technology. Amazing that the GTAA doesn’t just implode. 😐

RW22

Georgia Tech Fan
Apparently the direct link from an email on or around 8/22 will still work to access your tickets but you will need to use your phone so you can add them to your wallet. Not sure that you can transfer them.

IEEEWreck

Ramblin' Wreck
Same ticket system tons of schools around the country use. This is not a GT problem, it's down for all schools.
Using a terrible IT system that has very well compensated sales reps but horrible reliability in a technology that a group of freshmen could have done better with two weeks and three kegs of beer is a key part of getting the shaft since at least 1999.

I'll be there, box seats this time.

T-Bone Burdell

Georgia Tech Fan
Same ticket system tons of schools around the country use. This is not a GT problem, it's down for all schools.
The lack of communication is what got me. I get that it's a 3rd party vendor problem, but all Todd/the GTAA had to say was something like -

"We're working with our ticketing partner to get this issue resolved. If a solution isn't in place by X:00, then the ticket gates will be open. You will still need to pass through security."

Basically, I needed to know whether or not to bother heading to BDS. Really no desire to get there, only to be able to stand around outside in the rain like an idiot because their electronic ticketing system doesn't work.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
The lack of communication is what got me. I get that it's a 3rd party vendor problem, but all Todd/the GTAA had to say was something like -

"We're working with our ticketing partner to get this issue resolved. If a solution isn't in place by X:00, then the ticket gates will be open. You will still need to pass through security."

Basically, I needed to know whether or not to bother heading to BDS. Really no desire to get there, only to be able to stand around outside in the rain like an idiot because their electronic ticketing system doesn't work.

Didn’t invite two people because of this screw up. Maybe not GTAA’s fault, but not surprised by it. 😐