Game Day Report

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Since Labor Day, I’ve attended a GT game (STH), Tennessee at home and just returned from the Ole Miss-Alabama game.

By far, the Ole Miss game was the most fun. The tailgating in the Grove, the facilities, the hospitality... outstanding. Yes, Bama whipped them, but everyone supporting their school and having a good time.

What’s your best game day environment?

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I used to have a standard piece of advice for parent who were going to go on trips with their kids to decide where to go to college. It was:

Don't let them visit either the University of Colorado during autumn or winter and don't let them go to a football weekend at Ole Miss.

The reason was simple: no teenager would ever think about going anywhere but Boulder or Oxford after they visited. This was confirmed twice; I had two friends who ignored me and ended up with very highly qualified youngsters turning down Ivy League offers and going to Ole Miss. The place is irresistible on football weekends.

katlong

Jolly Good Fellow
My husband went to Ole Miss and reports it is a great place to be on football days. Yesterday, I pouted over the loss to Pitt and then finally had to almost chuckle at the sad state of our programs while trying to stand watching the whooping Ole Miss got. Still, I love our schools. Tech is a fun game day environment for me because I enjoy sharing the day with my dad, remembering how fun it was to attend the 1990 season and how thankful I am for my degree. I learn things about football when I watch with my dad, and he learns how loud I can be when it’s an exciting game . And, no matter how hopeless it looks, somehow Tech always finds a way to have a chance...

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Since Labor Day, I’ve attended a GT game (STH), Tennessee at home and just returned from the Ole Miss-Alabama game.

By far, the Ole Miss game was the most fun. The tailgating in the Grove, the facilities, the hospitality... outstanding. Yes, Bama whipped them, but everyone supporting their school and having a good time.

What’s your best game day environment?

I went to an Auburn game a few years ago and had a great time. Very electric atmosphere and happy fans...until they lost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Many years ago I went to Army / Navy in Philadelphia. That was pretty special. Yale at Harvard can be pretty cool too. I went to the Georgia / Florida game when I was a kid. It was exciting but kind of scared me at the same time. Lots of tomatoes being thrown in the stands, fights and people throwing up on each other. Maybe it is not like that now.