Game Day Plans or Not Watching at All?

ramblineck

Jolly Good Fellow
I watched. I was at the game til the end. Not sure why I subjected myself to it, but I was there.

Dwag fans were actually very pleasant. They actually have sympathy for us lol.
I was surprised. They could have kicked us when we were down but their fans had mercy.

Being in the stands was actually a good time save from having to watch what was on the field

HouseDivided

Jolly Good Fellow
I was surprised. They could have kicked us when we were down but their fans had mercy.

Being in the stands was actually a good time save from having to watch what was on the field

Agreed. Though I'd still like to drop kick every mutt fan in the nuts, daily, the ones we were around (it was only us and the rest a sea of red) were actually very cordial. We took our 6 yr old daughter for her first time and not a single vile thing was said. They mostly talked about Bama and poked fun at Geoff and just shot the breeze with us, but I was shocked. Never has it ever been that mundane and mild with them.

That's how you know this rivalry is no more.

ramblineck

Jolly Good Fellow
Agreed. Though I'd still like to drop kick every mutt fan in the nuts, daily, the ones we were around (it was only us and the rest a sea of red) were actually very cordial. We took our 6 yr old daughter for her first time and not a single vile thing was said. They mostly talked about Bama and poked fun at Geoff and just shot the breeze with us, but I was shocked. Never has it ever been that mundane and mild with them.

the mutt knew they had bigger fish to fry in Atlanta . I’m sure they will return to their natural state next week in MBS

HouseDivided

Jolly Good Fellow
the mutt knew they had bigger fish to fry in Atlanta . I’m sure they will return to their natural state next week in MBS

What sucks, is even if Bama beats them (they got the mental edge over Ugag) UGA is still in the playoffs. They're a lock win or lose. After watching Bama vs Auburn, though, this may be the year the mutts get over the Bama hurdle.....

LibertyTurns

Banned
Their bet was for the ND game. I don't know that we actually made it three times until ND had their second string in.
Damn I’d have lost that bet! What would have been our 4th crossing of the 50 was on the bungled series right before halftime. 2 yds away and we went flaccid.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
I just want my team that I loved since I was 9 to have the support that I see other teams have but I’ve realizing that it will never happen. It sucks it really ****ing sucks. We the fans are the death of the athletes department. Without our support they have no shot. Hope the jackets nation know that. If we want them to do better then we need to do better. Don’t blame them if you don’t want to blame yourself. It starts with us. Let’s do better for Georgia Tech.
We have no say and if you think we do you are deluded

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer

I have a Georgia buddy who told me that a Tech fan told him and his five year old daughter to go to hell yesterday. I may apologize to him for his daughter getting talked to that way, but not him.😏😂🤣

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer

We are no longer a threat to beat them on the field or in recruiting. We are like the little brother we could beat up any time we wanted to. There was a time when that rivalry meant something.

HouseDivided

Jolly Good Fellow
We are no longer a threat to beat them on the field or in recruiting. We are like the little brother we could beat up any time we wanted to. There was a time when that rivalry meant something.

Sad but true. I straight up asked the couple next to us dressed head to toe in red, after after game, if they thought of us as a rival any more. They both, without hesitation, said we are on par with Vandy for them now in its an expected blowout win.

I really had nothing in rebuttal but a chuckle and a "well, ok then"....

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
What sucks, is even if Bama beats them (they got the mental edge over Ugag) UGA is still in the playoffs. They're a lock win or lose. After watching Bama vs Auburn, though, this may be the year the mutts get over the Bama hurdle.....
Maybe, maybe not. The only "ranked" teams they've beaten this year are Clemson and Arkansas. Clemson is #22 and Arkansas is #23. They probably would unless Alabama just blew them out of the water and Ok St. rose up next week.

HouseDivided

Jolly Good Fellow
Maybe, maybe not. The only "ranked" teams they've beaten this year are Clemson and Arkansas. Clemson is #22 and Arkansas is #23. They probably would unless Alabama just blew them out of the water and Ok St. rose up next week.

The committee is all about "game control" as they harp on it every week it seems. Hard to argue that Ugag hasn't had game control from game 1 and a loss to a top 2 or 3 Bama, wouldn't knock them down much. I agree if Bama blows them out it might give them reason to ponder.

Oh what it would be like for us to be in that position. Maybe one day......

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer

I had the same experience. Of course, from the minute I took my seat I was very loud in expressing my belief that we didn’t have a chance and I hoped U(sic)GA didn’t beat us as badly as Notre Dame did. I think they took pity on me.

There haven’t been many games in my 15+ years of being a season ticket holder that I went into a game not believing we had a chance, even if it took a miracle. These days, I go to most games hoping the final outcome isn’t too embarrassing