Game Day Plans or Not Watching at All?

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
Told my 8 year old that it is likely going to be ugly and we didn't have to go if he didn't want to go and see us get shellacked.

His response: we have to go and support out team no matter what. So we'll be there early to watch the Jackets warm up, cheer the seniors when they get recognized and hope for a 1980 ND game or 1981 Alabama game until the final horn.

Love that kid! :gt::buzz::)🏈❤️

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
Not watching, not going (gave my tickets away), will not return to BDS until Collins is no longer the head coach. I’ll just stick with basketball for the foreseeable future. The football program is a clown show.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Told my 8 year old that it is likely going to be ugly and we didn't have to go if he didn't want to go and see us get shellacked.

His response: we have to go and support out team no matter what. So we'll be there early to watch the Jackets warm up, cheer the seniors when they get recognized and hope for a 1980 ND game or 1981 Alabama game until the final horn.

Great Kid

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Not watching, not going (gave my tickets away), will not return to BDS until Collins is no longer the head coach. I’ll just stick with basketball for the foreseeable future. The football program is a clown show.
Once again, our fans suck. We don’t need fans like this. this attitude only hurts the program.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
I'll be watching by a smoker in a #1 White Jersey. We're in for a beating and I'm going to b**** the whole time but I'll be damned if I don't root for my boys against the team that can't spell. I'm going down with the ship regardless of the staff. THWg!
Re: spelling. Are you referring to "Dwags" or "Georgie?"

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Once again, our fans suck. We don’t need fans like this. this attitude only hurts the program.
Unfortunately I have been hearing plenty of this on here and in person. I want people to support the program. However, I won't take the attitude that "we don't need fans like this", because I believe there is a strong possibility that season ticket sales next year will be extremely low. If the team is better next year, or if coaching changes are made after next year we will need those people to come back. We will need all the fans we can get.

I am still planning to get season tickets next year. I am still planning to donate to the GTAA.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer

So do we!

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
No, our coaching staff sucks. But yet some of you guys want to keep supporting mediocrity with ticket dollars. Literally our only way to “vote” is with our dollars, yet we are “bad fans” by using our only resource to show our displeasure? Whatever…keep funding this train wreck if you want to.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Literally our only way to “vote” is with our dollars, yet we are “bad fans” by using our only resource to show our displeasure? Whatever…keep funding this train wreck if you want to.

Not true. Call your ticket rep. Email the GTAA. There are lots of other ways to let your opinion be known. The fact is that the coaches salaries are guaranteed for at least this year, and in the case of Collins and Key, for next year and beyond. When you quit buying tickets, and money gets tight, the coaches are still contractually required to get paid. The people that suffer are the auxiliary staff and the athletes. The "good" you think you are doing isn't hurting the intended people. Contracts shield them from your economic revenge.

BTW, the big donors and the GTAA are well aware of the fan bases feelings right now. TStan had to sit in the BC game and listen to the boos himself.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Unfortunately I have been hearing plenty of this on here and in person. I want people to support the program. However, I won't take the attitude that "we don't need fans like this", because I believe there is a strong possibility that season ticket sales next year will be extremely low. If the team is better next year, or if coaching changes are made after next year we will need those people to come back. We will need all the fans we can get.

I am still planning to get season tickets next year. I am still planning to donate to the GTAA.
What I mean by this is that our r fans need to be engaged, happy or sad. Indifference isn’t fandom.