Game Balls

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
I haven't rewatched the game yet (only saw it live) but who would you give a game ball to after a game like this?

I am only positive about one I would give so far and that is to Zach Laskey. He just always makes a positive play when given the ball. What great hands as well. His balance and body control to catch that one pass on what I think was a wheel route down the sideline was just tremendous. He always falls forward to get an extra yard or two as well.

I anticipate some arguments for a game ball to Justin Thomas. I can see that. But who else? And can anyone be given one on special teams or defense? Who did actually play a complete game for 4 quarters?

I want to hear the arguments for who to give them out to since it technically was a win.

bat_082994

Ramblin' Wreck
I'd give one to JT. Last drive at the end of the bad half, and he just puts it all behind him and leads his team down the field for the game-winner. And totally agree on Smelter and Waller

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
it would be hard for me to give out. And I would do that to send a message.

Maybe Shawn Green. On O maybe JT....maybe..

If the poor play reflected poor coaches, CPJ & CTR, as you've said repeatedly, why "send a message" to the players as if it's their fault?

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
If the poor play reflected poor coaches, CPJ & CTR, as you've said repeatedly, why "send a message" to the players as if it's their fault?

well I don't know where I said its all on the coaches. The Coaches own a ton of this. But the players own a ton too. Bottom line is we aren't that talent deprived as we have shown. At the same time the players have to bring what they own to the field too.

However at the end of the day, the staff owns everything. If a player isn't bringing something to the field. The staff owns benching them....

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
well I don't know where I said its all on the coaches. The Coaches own a ton of this. But the players own a ton too. Bottom line is we aren't that talent deprived as we have shown. At the same time the players have to bring what they own to the field too.

However at the end of the day, the staff owns everything. If a player isn't bringing something to the field. The staff owns benching them....

OK, thanks.

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
In thinking The Great Wall deserves a game ball.
How critical did his one foot drag end up being for first down leading to a score in the first half. And his TD reception adds to it.
He is having to prove his worth from being suspended
Look for him to have a good game next week.

thwgjacket

it would be hard for me to give out. And I would do that to send a message.

Maybe Shawn Green. On O maybe JT....maybe..
Only our fan base can find a reason to be negative about a win on the road against a team many thought would win our side of the conference.