• VT by 7-13

Votes: 18 10.8%
  • VT by 14+

Votes: 13 7.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jacket05

Ramblin' Wreck
If I were to stick with my see-saw theory, we should see a win. This is a game where any team could win by 20 or barely win by 3..... VT and GT have both been up and down.... Not much to go off other than they both have identity issues. I am hoping for a GT win... No clue what to expect.... If we win, it will be because we didn't hand them the game, by turning it over....
Not that I want to lose any games, but I am fine with maintaining the see-saw through the end of the year:

VT = Win
UM = Lose
BC = Win
ND = Lose
COFH = WIN!!!

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Now you've done it! Kiss of death:" VT has not won against an FBS team in over a month". How could you!
It is actually worse than that. Last night I watched the Notre Dame - Virginia Tech game. At the time, the Irish were 4-1 and were ranked 14th while the Hokies were 3-1 and unranked. Lane Stadium was rocking and rolling that night. To be honest, Virginia Tech lost that game late in the first half when they drove down to the Notre Dame 2 yard line with a first and goal. They failed to put the ball in the end zone and settled for a field goal that would later come back to haunt them. They have not been the same team since. IIWII. IF they play like they did that night, they will run us right off the field. but personally, I think they are just about done for this year. Put a fork in them, as Jackets win a nail biter of sorts.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I would be highly disappointed if we gave up 21 points to VT
I am with you. This is an offense that struggles to get much more than 300 yards a game, cannot execute in the red zone, and is dysfunctional on so many levels. Burmeister is inconsistent, receivers drop balls and the running game is on again, off again. Burmeister runs the ball too much and when he passes, it seems like he is always late judging by what I have seen in their games with Notre Dame and Syracuse. They did look like a good team against UNC for what its worth.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Our performance against UNC was the best overall team performance this year.
It's obvious that our defensive performance against Clemson is not as impressive as we thought as that is one of the worst offenses in the country - has failed to score 20 points in a game against an FBS team all season (i'm excluding the OT TD against NC ST).

My hope is that our running game is effective like it was last week, VT's defense is alot better than UVA's, but their run defense is not as good as their pass defense.
This feels like a 21-17, 24-21 type game.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Huh? They are ranked higher than us in offensive FEI and put up 36 on a better defense than us last week. If we held them to 21 or less it would surprise me.
Turner, #11 is the guy you have to shut down. They run a lot of jet sweeps and are good at blocking on the perimeter. Burmeister is a good athlete but for some reason has run the ball more than anyone else with uneven results. I don't know what to expect from either of the two Techs this year but one of them come Saturday afternoon will see their bowl hopes get just a lot dimmer.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Huh? They are ranked higher than us in offensive FEI and put up 36 on a better defense than us last week. If we held them to 21 or less it would surprise me.

Huh? Have you watched VT or this what the box score telling you? They scored 29 actually. Defense got a TD FG block return.

I’m not sure FEI is the best thing use for an argument either
0C016EDD-7125-4F3F-9CC4-BC5943CA5A49.png

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Huh? Have you watched VT or this what the box score telling you? They scored 29 actually. Defense got a TD FG block return.

I’m not sure FEI is the best thing use for an argument either View attachment 11500
Ok, they scored 29 against a defense better than ours. They also put up 23 against ND. That's fine that you think FEI is a useless statistic but what statistics do you refer to lead you to believe that our defense is much better than Notre Dame or Syracuse? You also thought UVA would struggle against us offensively. I'm not sure your opinion of our defense is matching reality right now.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I would be highly disappointed if we gave up 21 points to VT
Whoever gets beaten will officially be in bad season territory. It should be a war.

Weather is wild card. Their defense could be ball hawks.

Lots of subs on gt ol could yield 3 and outs

They could get lots of possesions.

Got rain suit
I hope its a war and we win.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Weather is wild card. Their defense could be ball hawks.
Forecast is for minimal rain, but the field will be wet. That theoretically favors the passing game, but the wind will be gusting up to 20 mph, so that would indicate the short passing game. Theoretically, that is. Any game is a good time to get the ball to Gibbs in space, but particularly this one, I would think. And some curl-ins might be a good idea.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Ok, they scored 29 against a defense better than ours. They also put up 23 against ND. That's fine that you think FEI is a useless statistic but what statistics do you refer to lead you to believe that our defense is much better than Notre Dame or Syracuse? You also thought UVA would struggle against us offensively. I'm not sure your opinion of our defense is matching reality right now.

You really want to debate the tallest midget. None of these team separated enough to say who is better than who.

ND has given up 38 to FSU, 29 to Toledo & 29 to VT is what you consider stout or good then idk what to tell you.

Syracuse held Ohio to 9. Yay!!! Their past month hasn’t looked any different than ours giving up 33, 40, 17, & 36

This is my post on UVA
31-17

UVA is too one dimensional to get the love they getting. Passing numbers are inflated due to passing 50x just like our rushing numbers in the TO

Big day on the ground for Gibbs

UVA is one dimensional… no analyst would’ve ever guessed they would rush for 239 with a QB with 1 knee and jumbo athlete with one hand