Votes: 21 26.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
As of this morning, the Panthers are favored by 6.5 and the game is set at an o/u of 51.5. Meaning, roughly speaking, Vegas predicts a 29-22 final score.

What say you?

Deleted member 2897

Time to stop picking the other guy by > 14 every week. I’m tired of being right LOL. So this week Tech by < 7. Final score 31-27. I don’t look forward to being wrong.

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
This is our eight game. It's time for some of our guys to step up. I want to see someone kick a damn field goal. I want to see someone dominate on the offensive line. I want to see Sims play like an older player. I want to see the defense make some important stops. If those things happen we win 24 to 13.

DaltonJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
This is our eight game. It's time for some of our guys to step up. I want to see someone kick a damn field goal. I want to see someone dominate on the offensive line. I want to see Sims play like an older player. I want to see the defense make some important stops. If those things happen we win 24 to 13.
Yep....it is getting old waiting to see some of these things happen. I'm ready and I hope we begin to see some improvement.

Deleted member 2897

Based on average offensive points per game, Pitt should win 26-20. Based on average defense points given up per game, Pitt should win 29-25. Take the average and its 28-23-ish.

GoldZ

Ramblin' Wreck
Yeah, and I want a million $ winning lotto ticket.

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
Night game at Grant Field. I watched Louisville's defense become fatigued, while we still had some juice in the fourth quarter. A week off hopefully brought some healing and rest for tired legs. Hopefully we installed more offense for the young guys.

I give us a chance. I believe this game will be a bell weather for next year, so I expect to see improvement over earlier games like Syracuse.

Now, if I could just figure out how to watch it on TV since I can't make it to ATL this weekend. Not being able to watch the game probably improves our chances too.

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
I don't like the match ups:

A good passing team with a veteran QB who escapes really well vs our defense. We just don't rush well or contain opposing QBs who escape well. We tend to give up a ton of passing yards.

A top run defense to match our strength running the ball. If our run game is shut down, Pitt's D also leads the nation by 8 or sacks. Not good against a Tr-fr QB who has had turnover issues.

Just not seeing this one, hope I am wrong. Pitt 49-21.

(path to upset: OL & RBs come out physical as hell and can control the clock plus set up RPO/play action for big plays. Sims runs the ball very effectively. D gives up a ton of yards, but generates stops via turnovers. We catch some good bounces and play a clean game. We make a FG and xtra points. GT 38-28).

Deleted member 2897

As a reminder, here is what Pitt has scored so far this year:
Syracuse: 21
Louisville: 23
NC State: 29
Boston College: 30
Miami: 19
Notre Dame: 3
Florida State: 41

The outlier is Florida State. Florida State had 3 turnovers, while Pittsburgh had 0. Florida State ran 76 plays, more than Pittsburgh. Pittsburgh only had 1 drive longer than 50 yards (and it was in garbage time). They had 3 TDs on drives less than 35 yards. Florida State rotated through 3 different QBs, each of who threw an interception. Florida State averaged more per rush than Pittsburgh did on offense. Pittsburgh's offense put up a ho hum 350 yards of offense. Pickett (QB for Pittsburgh) threw for 210 yards and ran for 13. No TDs, no Ints. He basically played calm and under control and made no mistakes...and also did nothing outstanding. Nobody had more than 2 catches other than Addison who had 11. I think as others have said we need to try and rattle Pickett, give help on Addison, and leave Curry 2 yards off the line to read the RB. Please don't send him in to blitz or into the wash for the love of pete.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
This is a game that we could look like we did vs Louisville and win by double digits or get completely ran like we did vs BC.
No in between
I’m going 31-24 GT
But I could see 41-21 Pitt.....

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow
We lose by 13 is my guess. I have very little faith we will win another game this year (would love to be wrong and eat it), I just don't see any signs of improvement since FSU which is not good. Our offense looks the same, turnover prone, and our special teams is abysmal except for Harvin who is a beast.

Status
Not open for further replies.