Game 8 Media (Third Time's a Charm?) #DUKEvsGT

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member

David Cutcliffe Press Conference Quotes: Georgia Tech (16 min video)

(Ref.: On both Duke and Georgia Tech coming off long breaks)
"Yeah, I think there's going to be a little bit of both. Without a doubt it's such an unusual circumstance. And you don't know how much - they've had a month off - how much they've adjusted or changed. And I think we both have certainly tried to continue to work and to grow as a program. So, it's a little different than an opening game in the fact that we've practiced a lot of football, played a lot of football at this point. It might be a little bit more like a bowl game which can have a little different start so you hope you take care of the football and play well early, usually is really important in any bowl game. But it'll have somewhat of that feeling to me, more than anything else."
(Ref.: On the possibility of Duke and Georgia Tech playing last weekend)
"It did not really come up. I thought about it, but it didn't come up. What went through my mind is, why don't we make hay while the sun shines here. And I had said something to people administratively because of what we saw happen out west in the Pac-12 with Cal and UCLA. I guess they got two days notice and found a way to play a game. But I guess that wasn't in the cards. So you know, it didn't work out that way. But yeah, I had the thought you know always trying to get it done when you can as soon as you can."
(Ref. On his impressions of Georgia Tech)
"Yeah, they play extremely hard. They're talented. They're really well coached. You see their coaching influence in all three phases. They're a young team in most places. But really a well-coached, good football team. And people think that's coach talk, it's not. I'm not going to compliment a team if I don't think they're an extremely well-coached team, but they certainly are."