Game 8 Media Georgia Tech vs. Miami

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
KQ hinted via Twitter the game may not be played due to contact tracing on both teams.
Could be wrong, but I don't interpret his tweet as anything more than a summary of what was already publicly known last week + Manny Diaz's comments at the 18 minute mark in the presser above.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
What is sad I'm to the point I don't care any more.
I have said this before but the game may never truly fully recover. I love GT FB and have been a fan for a long, long time but have appreciated finally having free fall Saturdays. I will watch if it's on but am happy to do other things as well, especially with the weather is as nice as it has been around my area this fall. This is why I have always loved night games - you get to have your cake and eat it too.

It's not just FB either. I skipped the Sunday round of the Masters and went fishing. I would never have dreamed about doing that ever before. Sure I skipped the regular tournaments all the time. But something about watching the Masters and not seeing azaleas and fans just made it seem "blah" to me.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
I have said this before but the game may never truly fully recover. I love GT FB and have been a fan for a long, long time but have appreciated finally having free fall Saturdays. I will watch if it's on but am happy to do other things as well, especially with the weather is as nice as it has been around my area this fall. This is why I have always loved night games - you get to have your cake and eat it too.

It's not just FB either. I skipped the Sunday round of the Masters and went fishing. I would never have dreamed about doing that ever before. Sure I skipped the regular tournaments all the time. But something about watching the Masters and not seeing azaleas and fans just made it seem "blah" to me.
Heres the reality. You can go fishing and watch the replay at night. Almost every football game is replayed multiple times each week.

I do think sports attendance will change in ways we don’t understand yet. Like you ... I’m playing golf by day and watching football by night. The big programs that seat 80,000 fans will have a serious revenue problem ...

TheWhiteKenyan

Jolly Good Fellow
Game is cancelled. Postponed to Dec 19 but with the current exponential growth of COVID and colder weather this might be the end of CFB this year. Doesn’t bode well for basketball either

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Heres the reality. You can go fishing and watch the replay at night. Almost every football game is replayed multiple times each week.

I do think sports attendance will change in ways we don’t understand yet. Like you ... I’m playing golf by day and watching football by night. The big programs that seat 80,000 fans will have a serious revenue problem ...
Oddly enough I don't care for replays. Especially if I know the outcome but even if I don't I just can't get interested. It's wierd I know. I suppose I could DVR all games and then fast forward through the commercials and watch the game in about 18 minutes. My dad does this. Seems like using Cliff Notes and skipping the book imo. The enjoyment is savoring the entire book...not just knowing the high spots or the ending.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Game is cancelled. Postponed to Dec 19 but with the current exponential growth of COVID and colder weather this might be the end of CFB this year. Doesn’t bode well for basketball either

I apologize for pre-empting the announcement. I wanted this game because I have family in Miami that I was hoping to engage in trash for a week. I also worry for hoops.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Oddly enough I don't care for replays. Especially if I know the outcome but even if I don't I just can't get interested. It's wierd I know. I suppose I could DVR all games and then fast forward through the commercials and watch the game in about 18 minutes. My dad does this. Seems like using Cliff Notes and skipping the book imo. The enjoyment is savoring the entire book...not just knowing the high spots or the ending.
Well the sad part the last 2 years you had a good idea of the out come before the game

Deleted member 2897

Any other ACC teams or in other conferences we can play this weekend because they’re open too?

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck

I’ve become very similar this year, and it’s weird, but also kind of refreshing. Even before the beginning of the season, I realized I wasn’t going to be as invested in football (college FB & basketball, PGA golf are “my” sports) this season as I normally am, with the doubt that it could end at any time. But I really had an eye opening experience this past week/weekend with The Masters...that’s my favorite sporting event period, having been 20+ times in my life and growing up in GA playing golf. I don’t think there’s ever been a year since I was 10 years old (maybe younger) that I haven’t watched the as much of the tournament as I could. This years Masters I barely watched any of it, just catching bits and pieces in passing while it was on TV at work...and I manage a golf course! Golf is literally my career, the Masters being the premier event of golf and my favorite without question, and I couldn’t get into it at all. COVID has definitely affected sports for me, and I’m not sure how long this effect will last.