• Duke by 7-13

Votes: 14 9.0%
  • Duke by 14+

Votes: 8 5.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Rain in the forecast. Unless they did a change recently they have a natural grass field. Could be slippery.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
I think we will win if we are -1 in turnovers or better (i.e. we only lose the ball one more time than Duke or get the ball more times). (I misposted +1 yesterday elsewhere.)

I consider it a turnover when we are near the 50 and have 4th and 3 and run a play up the middle and the play hasn't worked all day. And with a QB who just came in that play. That is a coaching turnover.
Setting up a failure by a player is a cardinal sin of coaching.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I am going to pick us winning 38-17. I am a little leery on my pick... Mainly because we could easily blow Duke out the of the stadium with a 41-10 type score and at the same time lose to Duke by 10.. So, I am going to say our good team shows up... Going off the see-saw theory, this week should equal the good GT team. So, with hopeful aspirations I am picking us by 3 TDs...
I agree. The "Seesaw Theory" will be tested this week as it is the turn of the Good Tech to show up. On that basis, Jackets by 3 TDs. even in Durham.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Agree. heavy showers in the morning and T'storms in the afternoon, so my weather app says
It's raining in eastern NC right now and this weather system is moving toward the Triangle. Rain is very likely and the field will have two days of rain before the game. When they installed the new turf in 2015 they supposedly installed a high tech drainage system. This will be a good test.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
A couple of years ago, Alabama scored so many points on plays NOT run by their offense (so special teams and defense) that they would have gone 6-6 if their offense had not scored a single points all season long.

Think about that stat for a long minute.

That's what we're missing.

GT wins this time, and my prediction record improves to 2-4

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
So far in CGC's tenure we have 2 road wins - 16-13 against FSU and the overtime 28-21 over Miami. Both teams finished under .500. Duke feels like the best opportunity to get a road win this season.
If past is any guidance than it is likely to be close. I'm going with GT by 7.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I picked us to win +14. If we lose to Duke something is seriously wrong.

I picked us to win too. If we lose, there is something very seriously wrong. But it's football and we have to get / make the breaks.

I didn't watch Clemson or UNC live and we did ok. I won't watch the Duke game live either. Best outcome, either watch replay and enjoy the win or skip the game altogether.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I picked us to win too. If we lose, there is something very seriously wrong. But it's football and we have to get / make the breaks.

I didn't watch Clemson or UNC live and we did ok. I won't watch the Duke game live either. Best outcome, either watch replay and enjoy the win or skip the game altogether.
If I am available to watch the game live, I record and watch on about a 40 minute delay. That allows me to skip through the ads. I stop watching at half time and pick up again after about a 30 minute delay. If Tech plays well I can usually catch up to live action with about 2 minutes left in the game. If things go south I don’t finish the game. My wife doesn’t understand my approach but it preserves what little sanity I have left.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
"If every instinct you have is wrong, then the opposite would have to be right" - Seinfeld

Despite the worst case outcome on the field, GTSwarm pollsters improved to 6.7% correct last week.
I don't know how much credence to place on this but CFN picks Tech to win and cover (barely) based primarily upon Duke's penchant for turnovers. FWIW