• Pitt by 7>13

Votes: 14 5.5%
  • Pitt by 14>

Votes: 17 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
College Football News prognosticator Pete something or another predicted that Tech would win a barn burner 38-34. This is interesting to me because CFN in general and that guy in particular seldom and I mean very seldom go against the spread. That said, I am sticking with Pitt winning and covering. IIWII
To illustrate the point about CFN and the point spreads.
Miami vs. UVA
Pete is picking the Canes to win 37-34 but not cover the 4 point spread.

FSU vs Syracuse
Pete is picking Syracuse to win in a straight upset 27-23 even though FSU is favored by 5. (Upon closer examination, he simply does not think FSU is any good and Syracuse will pound them running the ball)

NC State vs La. Tech
Pete is going with State to win but not cover the 20 point spread due to a Clemson hangover

Clemson vs. BC
Pete is picking Clemson to win but not cover the 15 point spread. He believes the spread is way too much even though BC lost their quarterback but is 4-0 on the season. Pete not impressed goes with Tigers

Louisville vs Wake
Pete is all in on Wake being the real deal winning 34-24 and covering the 7 point spread. He is not all that enamored with Louisville's flashy offense.

UNC vs. Duke
Pete thinks the Tar Heels will get well against Duke's anemic defense winning 44 to 27 with Howell throwing for a gabillion yards...again but not covering the generous 19 point spread.

GT vs Pitt
Pete is taking Tech in a straight upset 38-34 in spite of the 3 point spread in favor of Pitt. Reading a bit between the lines...it would appear that he believes the key is the Tech ground game. Run the ball and keep it out of Pickett's hands is a winning combination for Tech. He also believes this game will go deep into the fourth quarter with the winner being the team who can muster a last drive for a winning TD. He also thinks it will be an exciting game to watch for fans. Not so much for opposing coaches. IIWII

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
GT vs Pitt
Pete is taking Tech in a straight upset 38-34 in spite of the 3 point spread in favor of Pitt. Reading a bit between the lines...it would appear that he believes the key is the Tech ground game. Run the ball and keep it out of Pickett's hands is a winning combination for Tech. He also believes this game will go deep into the fourth quarter with the winner being the team who can muster a last drive for a winning TD. He also thinks it will be an exciting game to watch for fans. Not so much for opposing coaches. IIWII

I think this is the likely scenario unless either team self destructs. May depend on which team makes the most errors.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I think it is about time Pitt had bad luck against us..... 7 years of good luck for them has been too long!

That's what UNC thought too probably. We got lots of breaks (made some) in the UNC game. They missed a FG by 2 feet and we made one by 2 feet. They had 3 TOs and we had none. Their QB missed wide open TDs many times. Sims was 13 for 16. First half UNC had 153 yards to our 83 yet we scored three times to their one. Second half we could do no wrong. Yes we made our luck in many cases, but it's the first time in years. Repeatable?

But back to Pitt, damn there are so many recent games we should have won and were the better team and lost. We are due.

We are better than our 20-34 loss to Pitt last December. Better enough? ESPN has Pitt 55% likely to win. https://www.espn.com/college-football/game/_/gameId/401282649

We are probably on par with Tenn right now. Pitt won 41-34.

My only firm conviction is whoever turns the ball over less will win.

I took the Pitt win <7 since that's the line. With these two bi-polar teams who knows. I figure I'll record the game and watch it later that night with enough beer and my wife and dog. Both of whom don't care much. Too nice of day when I can be doing other things. Stay off of GTSwarm chat and just Let It Be. Baseball season is coming.

slugboy

Staff member
That's what UNC thought too probably. We got lots of breaks (made some) in the UNC game. They missed a FG by 2 feet and we made one by 2 feet. They had 3 TOs and we had none. Their QB missed wide open TDs many times. Sims was 13 for 16. First half UNC had 153 yards to our 83 yet we scored three times to their one. Second half we could do no wrong. Yes we made our luck in many cases, but it's the first time in years. Repeatable?

But back to Pitt, damn there are so many recent games we should have won and were the better team and lost. We are due.

We are better than our 20-34 loss to Pitt last December. Better enough? ESPN has Pitt 55% likely to win. https://www.espn.com/college-football/game/_/gameId/401282649

We are probably on par with Tenn right now. Pitt won 41-34.

My only firm conviction is whoever turns the ball over less will win.

I took the Pitt win <7 since that's the line. With these two bi-polar teams who knows. I figure I'll record the game and watch it later that night with enough beer and my wife and dog. Both of whom don't care much. Too nice of day when I can be doing other things. Stay off of GTSwarm chat and just Let It Be. Baseball season is coming.

UNC’s DLine tipped a ball sky-high at the line, and our guy caught it in stride. In any sane football game, that’s a pick. Luck was on our side. (Refs seemed to favor UNC, tho)

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
Last week showed huge progress and was very encouraging. But I haven't (yet) seen consistent performance in the CGC era - or back-to-back wins. I have a feeling, unfortunately, that after the last two weeks we're due for a wakeup call that this is still the same team that somehow lost to NIU. I predict Pitt wins in a close game. Tech 'wins' in the stats. Pitt wins the score that matters.

Prove me wrong, please. Notch another good win and I'll start to believe.
When all the non believers start to believe is when I may start worrying, listen I've been wrong some this year myself, I'm picking GT and picked them last week, just think this bunch is now on a mission and all business, they're hungry and the leadership is with the players and I think that is important.

TheJuiceIsLoose404

Jolly Good Fellow
I’m real nervous. This game is huge for us, we need to keep our momentum up. Win this and I can see us winning the next 2. Lose, and UNC might be just a blip on the radar. I have faith in our guys though.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
Good guys by 6 in a high-scoring game (37 - 31). I think the short-pass game is our Kryptonite and I don't think Pitt's D can stop our running game. I think our conditioning wears them down in the fourth and we grind out a six point win with a late fourth quarter TD on a Gibbs carry.

That said, I think they'll sell-out to force us to pass, keep a spy on Sims and try to make us beat them at their game. The question will be can Sims make them pay for loading the box without throwing picks?

Last edited:

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
We could very well win this game but I want to see us to win a close one--lets see us with the pressure of ---stopping pitt inside 10, making a winning FG outside 40, going on a last 2 min drive, or coming back from key 3rd and 18 on 3rd down in 4th qtr.
maybe 31-28 pitt
Why? we have enough problems just winning a game!

MidtownJacket

Staff member
The more I think about this game the better I am feeling. I think our D improvement is legitimate and JS and JY do enough differently that if they sell out to stop the QB Run and JS can't get the ball out quickly to our short passing game JY will come in and do it. Though, I am not convinced JS will struggle against that either as he matures. Game 1 was bad - no argument, but UNC should have settled him down some and the coaches say he has been showing the passing ability all camp.

Let's get out and GO! McGowan going to be 🔥💰🧤

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Going to be very interesting - the first time I can remember this much optimism for an ACC clash maybe since the game with Cuse last year. I hope the optimism is warranted. I am being cautious about my expectations because I have seen some real stinkers that made no sense - I am hoping those types of keystone cops-like performances are officially in the past starting now.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Going to be very interesting - the first time I can remember this much optimism for an ACC clash maybe since the game with Cuse last year. I hope the optimism is warranted. I am being cautious about my expectations because I have seen some real stinkers that made no sense - I am hoping those types of keystone cops-like performances are officially in the past starting now.
Either we've turned the corner or we haven't. We'll find out tomorrow.