Game 5 #PITTvsGT Media

1979jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
narduccci is a good coach
pickett>howell
i assume from the interview that western michigan ate them up with rpo - we should challenge with it if in fact that is what wm did to score 44 points

85Escape

Helluva Engineer

TL;DR
Prepared for Tech's ball-stripping
Plan on changing things up from WMU RPO defense
Preparing for both QBs. Sims is a really fast runner, Yates is 'more of a passer'
Handshakeqate is over

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Best press conference by far for Collins. No theatrics, no elite talk, no catapult numbers, just a football coach talking football. We all know winning cures all so maybe he’s able to be himself once the pressure dies down. Pitt is a big game for confidence let alone any possibility of the Coastal.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
Best press conference by far for Collins. No theatrics, no elite talk, no catapult numbers, just a football coach talking football. We all know winning cures all so maybe he’s able to be himself once the pressure dies down. Pitt is a big game for confidence let alone any possibility of the Coastal.
When we don't win games he uses those topics to make it not look as bad as it seems. Like CPJ used to say, it's never as bad as it seems. Maybe we're turning a corner finally. We will see if we can complete the corner this weekend. I'll be curious how we rebound after a big win, hopefully we don't underestimate pitt

85Escape

Helluva Engineer

I've found it interesting the comment of 'no silliness on the sidelines, just good energy'.

bensaysitathome

Ramblin' Wreck

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
I hear you but does it really matter. Howell and Pickett are both good QB’s capable of putting up points. We held Howell under control because we mauled his OLine. We saw that all last year against us. Pickett is a legit D1 QB who will be looked at by the NFL. That is enough to scare me especially with a much better OLine than UNC. This is going to be a fun and interesting game to watch the chess match. To me, this is a definite data point for the maturation of this coaching staff. If we hold onto the rope regardless if we win or lose then I’ll sleep well Saturday night. If we let go of the rope then it’s more of the same.

slugboy

Staff member
Even if that stat accounts for the opponent, I'd challenge the validity of that based on who they've played.

He's talented but I'm not putting him in the top 2 in conference, let alone the nation.

ESPN has an opponent-adjusted QBR that that’s based on multiple factors (not just passing). It’s based on points the QB actually contributes to. Pickett is 5th in the nation:

If you limit it to the ACC, he’s first, of course:

Thanks to last Saturday, Sam Howell if 5th in the ACC. Howell has had two bad weeks—week 1 against VT (12th), and week 4 against us (9th).

Howell has the golden arm, and he’s bigger, and he’s a better runner. Pickett does more with what he has, and doesn’t make many mistakes, and is the poster child for QB efficiency.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
Howell has the golden arm, and he’s bigger, and he’s a better runner. Pickett does more with what he has, and doesn’t make many mistakes, and is the poster child for QB efficiency.

Sounds like Pickett vs Howell is a bit like Yates vs Sims (if both had three years of starts.)