• Clemson by 7-13

Votes: 12 6.0%
  • Clemson by 14+

Votes: 157 78.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sheboygan

Helluva Engineer
Are the Tech by 14+ pickers in it for the lulz only?

I'd be very intrigued to see a game manifest from this, but the realistic hope that we stop them from scoring 6 at any point and can consistently get our O working are very slim. I'd like to see us open it up and try to get ourselves into a schematic advantage with motion and line checks when we don't get a front we like on our play calls, but I suspect instead we'll be trying to run into the teeth of their front pretty often on 1st/2nd down and in the red zone and end up well behind early.
Exactly !!

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
I really like the mindset the coaching staff was preaching according to the AJC. Let's make it about us and let the Clamps take care of themselves.

#bettereveryday

Jacket05

Ramblin' Wreck
Are the Tech by 14+ pickers in it for the lulz only?

I'd be very intrigued to see a game manifest from this, but the realistic hope that we stop them from scoring 6 at any point and can consistently get our O working are very slim. I'd like to see us open it up and try to get ourselves into a schematic advantage with motion and line checks when we don't get a front we like on our play calls, but I suspect instead we'll be trying to run into the teeth of their front pretty often on 1st/2nd down and in the red zone and end up well behind early.
I always select GT 14+! MIND RITE!!!

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
Yeah....wife and I met Trevor in Krog St Market in Atlanta back in the spring. Gracious young man and I will be rooting for his success (aside from Saturday)
I’m sorry, but when I see Trevor Lawrence, I immediately think this:
D927D590-E41E-45C2-9854-80784D42004F.png

jacket_fan

Ramblin' Wreck
Would love to see Tech make it a game in the first half. Maybe Lawrence will challenge Swilling, and Swilling can get a pick six. Make the game interesting. I have no delusion Tech can hang with them for four quarters.

However, I have tickets in the club level and will be taking my alumni son, and will make some noise. ( I will try and not to yell at the refs, but suspect I cannot help myself)

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
Would love to see Tech make it a game in the first half. Maybe Lawrence will challenge Swilling, and Swilling can get a pick six. Make the game interesting. I have no delusion Tech can hang with them for four quarters.

However, I have tickets in the club level and will be taking my alumni son, and will make some noise. ( I will try and not to yell at the refs, but suspect I cannot help myself)
"I will try and not to yell at the refs, but suspect I cannot help myself"
I legitimately think yelling at the refs is part of the GT gameday experience. Some of my favorite memories involve full stadium "bull****" chants.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
Well, I wrote a really rudimentary expected pointed calculator that is certainly garbage, it has Clemson beating us 40-17.

I based this on a combination of points per drive, points per play, and team epa. I want to remove add some more things that aren't points related as I feel like points per drive are more descriptive as opposed to prescriptive (i.e. points per play is great at explaining why a team is great, but is not necessarily the best predictor of future scoring, but I could be wrong about that too :) ), but this was all I was able to get tonight. If anyone is interested in the actual data I can share that as well..