• Clemson by 7-13

Votes: 16 6.4%
  • Clemson by 14+

Votes: 195 77.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Absent a lot of substitutions on defense late in the game, I think the only way we score is off a turnover. There is little chance we can sustain drives when UGA couldn’t do it.
I don't know man we don't have the same identity as UGA either. That big DLine of Clemson's stops the bullyball power running game, but we don't seem to be inclined to run it (despite CDP talking it up all preseason). I think we are best suited to play a real cute style of quick throws and shifty nuanced edge runs for a chance to keep it close and steal a win.

Boy, oh boy, do I love the potential of what COULD be in sports. The time before the action when the possibility is there to do something crazy and unexpected. Let's get behind our boys and Give Em Hell!

gtchem05

Jolly Good Fellow
Tech: 17
Clemson: 16

We score one TD on offense, one TD on defense. FG to win the game. Defense plays a hell of a game
I put Clemson by 14+ on the poll, but I agree, if by some fluke Tech wins, it will be a low-scoring affair.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
I would luv to lose by only 14 but we only do that if we --don't have TOs and--we have a lot of burn of minutes with our Offense. We probably won't score more than 6 pts but can hold them to 27. so prob 3-27.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
My prediction is for a close 1st quarter, then Clemson gets ahead by 2-3 TDS into the 4th and we close to ~10 points where it stays. I am guessing 31-20. I believe we will score one TD against their 1st team, but get stymied after that, then close with a TD against the subs. Their offense has had ball control problems, but lucky bounces have limited their turnovers. I think we will get a couple tomorrow.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I am going to stick my neck out and say we cover the spread and hang around for about 1/2 - 2/3 of the game. i'd rather play this now rather than later as i don't think they are quite the machine they were under TL but we do have to avoid consistent 3 and out's against a very stout D. Clemson 31 - Tech 13.

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
cu O is not as good as last year, but their D line is nasty. I think they will play 1st string into the 4th instead of pulling in the beginning of the the 3rd like last year. Their o gets rolling towards the end of the 2nd qtr. This will not be pretty. 58-0 tiggers

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Good article.

Some of the interesting takeaways for me:

1. Coach P is doing a masterful job scheming, especially given the personnel.

2. Sims doesn’t have it in him to be a drop back passer.

3. Tech is still running lots of option style offense and seems to do better when they do.

4. Tech is not competitive in recruiting yet and has lost every head to head battle with GA.

5. CGC is media savvy and media friendly.

6. Not having a depth chart is strange at the college level.

7. Defensive scheme is good but lacks the players to pull it off.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
4. Tech is not competitive in recruiting yet and has lost every head to head battle with GA.

Nice summary NES. just curious on the above. I reached the same conclusion and wonder if they are looking at this on a relative or absolute scale. I think if you judge vs Clemson or Uga, you might not think that we have moved the needle as an outsider. but relative to where we were/our typical peers in the Coastal, things do look better (to my untrained eye). But you have to crawl before you walk.

Obligatory disclaimer - yes, coaching/player development/winning games are critical as well.