• Clemson by 7-13

Votes: 16 6.4%
  • Clemson by 14+

Votes: 195 77.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NorthAvenueNation

Jolly Good Fellow
I’ve been stuck on writing out a prediction. It’s hard for me to ever predict a loss no matter how realistic the loss may seem. It’s like when the cashier asks if I want a receipt and sometimes I say yes even though I know realistically I don’t need it.

Therefore, why not keep those gold colored glasses on longer!

Tech 28
Clemson 27

Two simple truths I always stand by:
- Clemson is more talented, but they are still 18-21 year old kids that make mistakes
- You play the game to win, period. Go play, and win!

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Spartanburg. Elementary school (Pine Street School shout out !) had Clemson Carolina day every year. Hated it. My dad went to Citadel so I’ve always been a conscientious objector for the upstate region. I really really hate Clemson (sports hate that is). I’ve never had more fun than beating them in Death Valley. Ain’t gonna even be a chance of that this year. Don’t know that I see any path to improving that anytime soon
My wife and I lived in Greenville for a couple of years. Nice place with nice people. My daughter went to South Carolina for graduate school and loved Columbia except on game day when she had to work in the library.

cthenrys

Ramblin' Wreck
My wife and I lived in Greenville for a couple of years. Nice place with nice people. My daughter went to South Carolina for graduate school and loved Columbia except on game day when she had to work in the library.
Greenville’s a great town. My brother lives there (NCST grad). I’ve got a daughter at Duke and one at UF - going to experience my first SEC game next weekend in the swamp.

GTJackets

Ramblin' Wreck
Not my prediction, but I caught part of a state radio show on the local ESPN radio station yesterday in the low country of SC. After they spent an entire segment on how SC can beat the team from Athens, the host asked his guest (a sports reporter from the state) "What about the other game between the states? What can Clemson expect against GT? What's the buzz on the Jackets?"

Of course his response was a flippant "The buzz on the Jackets is that there is no buzz on the Jackets. No one talks about them. They have no fans. The state of GA is clearly a Bulldawg state. No one cares about GT." And then he finished off with this incredible prediction which just goes to show he isn't paying attention. "In fact, I'd expect there to be more Clemson fans there on Saturday than there will be Tech fans."

Now we all realize that this would probably be true regardless of the location. But shouldn't a local sports reporter at least know where the games of the two major schools in the state are being played?

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
I like the way you think. Just two weeks ago I was having a meltdown. Now I’m thinking we can squeak one out against Clemson.

God I love college football.
Yeah, count me in. I mean why watch if you don’t have hope. If our staff is on the right track then I expect there to be flashes of good and flashes of bad throughout the season. We’ve seen one of those two already, maybe we get the other now?

Ash

Ramblin' Wreck
We have the players to play at their level. Will we have a gameplan that puts them in the best position to win? It's gonna be tough to score on them.

34 Upstate Farmers 14 Good Guys.

GoldZ

Ramblin' Wreck
We have the players to play at their level. Will we have a gameplan that puts them in the best position to win? It's gonna be tough to score on them.

Your third sentence is right on, but where in this universe did you get the first two?

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
I may need to find out what some of you are on. :)

Anyway, right now I don't believe we have the coaching acumen to pull off a miracle upset on the road. If Clem's Son's coaching staff was inept, maybe, but that is not the case, and they have great players.

If we won, I guess it would be the biggest upset since Curry knocked off Alabama in 1981.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer

"We have the players to play at their level..." There is no one on our roster with the possible exception of Gibbs and Mason that Dabo would swap for one of his first teamers and probably not a lot that he would swap for his second teamers either. IIWII

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I am not able to bring myself to click GT Losing, so I clicked GT < 7

As the week has continued I feel more up for this game. I do think we showed an ability last year to stop their rungame (some of that was they were slaughtering us through the air so went away from it, but I also think their running backs this season aren't as strong as last year) so consider this a wash.

I also think, as many have said before me, that we DJ<TL so hope we see less success from them in the air.

I think our O is going to be stuffed on a few possessions so we are going to have to play smart and capable when we are moving and get into the scoring opportunities. Our Kickers also have to get their minds right. We will need them in this game.

If we can steal some possessions from them through turnovers or forced punts, we make this a football game and anything can happen in a NCAA Football game.
"...DJ<TL" It is not even close. In fact, I would have one of our safeties, say Carpenter, edging up to stuff their running game and make that guy beat us through the air. If we managed to do that we might have to get a "Get Back" coach for Andrew.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
If he can, I'm sure he will.

"If" - the original Laconic reply.

One of the most famous examples of what a Laconic phrase is had to do with King Philip II of Macedon, who was in the process of launching a major campaign that would eventually lead to him controlling most of Ancient Greece. As part of the campaign, he sent a note to Ancient Sparta saying:

“You are advised to submit without further delay, for if I bring my army into your land, I will destroy your farms, slay your people, and raze your city.”

In response, Ancient Sparta replied to King Philip’s threat with a simple, one word response, “If.”
Tech players need to be like the ancient Spartans..."come back with your shield or on it."