• Clemson by 7-13

Votes: 16 6.4%
  • Clemson by 14+

Votes: 195 77.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sarrick

Ramblin' Wreck
I’m going to keep it spicy. And I’m going to provide a reason. Last year, tech shut down the running game against Clemson (etienne had 44 rushing yards). The problem is they had TL. We have the same game plan this Saturday. DJ hasn’t been impressive so far and I’m going to also say he has a particularly bad game Saturday. Their OL isn’t world beating either so maybe we get some pressure and can prevent them from scoring like they have.

On offense, we keep it slow and short to limit their possessions and get the ball out quickly against their stout DL. We end up going deep one play and catching them by surprise and scoring.

Gibbs also returns a kickoff for a touchdown.

14-10 Tech

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
I’m going to keep it spicy. And I’m going to provide a reason. Last year, tech shut down the running game against Clemson (etienne had 44 rushing yards). The problem is they had TL. We have the same game plan this Saturday. DJ hasn’t been impressive so far and I’m going to also say he has a particularly bad game Saturday. Their OL isn’t world beating either so maybe we get some pressure and can prevent them from scoring like they have.

On offense, we keep it slow and short to limit their possessions and get the ball out quickly against their stout DL. We end up going deep one play and catching them by surprise and scoring.

Gibbs also returns a kickoff for a touchdown.

14-10 Tech
I like the way you think. Just two weeks ago I was having a meltdown. Now I’m thinking we can squeak one out against Clemson.

God I love college football.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
With all of the wisdom on the board:
  • 98.6% of those polled were wrong week 1.
  • 57.5% of those polled were wrong week 2.
Surely we can't get this wrong for a third week in a row.
Clemson in a blowout that covers the 29 point or so spread. If Tech scores more than 10 points we can make a game of it...for a while.

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
If we keep it to them only winning by 14 points is that not a moral victory? Its almost like the choices should start with a Tech winning by less than 7 and then move down to the spread and maybe even worse.

I think Tech loses but no where near as bad as the spread. But then again Dabo does want to keep the ATL area from a recruiting perspective so if given the chance we may see a repeat of last year. I hope we don't give him the chance

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I am not able to bring myself to click GT Losing, so I clicked GT < 7

As the week has continued I feel more up for this game. I do think we showed an ability last year to stop their rungame (some of that was they were slaughtering us through the air so went away from it, but I also think their running backs this season aren't as strong as last year) so consider this a wash.

I also think, as many have said before me, that we DJ<TL so hope we see less success from them in the air.

I think our O is going to be stuffed on a few possessions so we are going to have to play smart and capable when we are moving and get into the scoring opportunities. Our Kickers also have to get their minds right. We will need them in this game.

If we can steal some possessions from them through turnovers or forced punts, we make this a football game and anything can happen in a NCAA Football game.

jacketz212

Jolly Good Fellow
If we start Yates I believe we have a better chance of covering the spread and making it a better game with the possibility of a win. With Sims, we have the possibility of covering the spread.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Three things we don't have entering the game: We don't have Clemson's talent, Clemson's depth, and Clemson's coaching. Dabo is going to be able to swap personnel all game long and keep fresh legs on both lines. I think we get manhandled for most of the game.

Additionally, Dabo has something to prove having lost to Jawja and that's they have a legitimate shot. Add to that, he seems not to like Geoff so I expect a blowout. Something like 49-3 feels about right.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
GT 10 Clemson 45 their offense ain't that great at this time.

losing builds dignity and character one would think we would have all the dignity and character one team needs .

and for Collins remember this :

913d7b17bc4ac064174c7ad1e73a4d56.jpeg

gtyj18jr

Jolly Good Fellow

Etienne had 44 yards rushing and a Td in one half before being rested the remainder of the game. He also added 29 receiving yards. I wouldn’t call that shutting him down, which by the way, we did not do to their rushing offense. As a team, Clemson gained 171 yards rushing and 3 tds.

gt13

Ramblin' Wreck
I don’t know why everyone thinks we are going to do worse than SC State did against them. Last year, with Trevor Lawrence et al, they beat UVA by 18, BC by 6, Cuse by 26. They destroyed us last year but I think this years GT team beats last years UVA, BC, and Cuse, and I think Clemson has taken a major step back from last year as well. Yes they’re good but they don’t annihilate everyone they play. I think we at least cover +29.

cthenrys

Ramblin' Wreck
I don’t know why everyone thinks we are going to do worse than SC State did against them. Last year, with Trevor Lawrence et al, they beat UVA by 18, BC by 6, Cuse by 26. They destroyed us last year but I think this years GT team beats last years UVA, BC, and Cuse, and I think Clemson has taken a major step back from last year as well. Yes they’re good but they don’t annihilate everyone they play. I think we at least cover +29.
SC State was a scrimmage. This game is first opportunity for Dabo to make a statement to offset the UGA game. He doesn’t like CGC for some reason. 52-10 Clemson. And for someone who grew up in Upstate SC I can’t tell you how much I hate to write that. For me, beating Clemson is a bigger win than UGA (blasphemy I know).

Billygoat91

Jolly Good Fellow
Clemson 42 Tech 14, we cover +29 (by the slimmest of margins)

Clemson's offense has not looked good through the first two games. Dabo wants to prove that those problems have been worked out and Clemson comes out fast. Tech sputters on our first couple of drives and the D gets tired (like last year)

Dabo seems to have a personal disdain for either Tech or Collins or both. Also, we snubbed their OC in our coaching search a couple of years ago. Clemson has to win big for the "eye test" for their playoff hopes after the loss to uGA.

I still hold out some hope for us. D will need to cause turnovers and make big plays. I am worried about our pass D holding up given what we have seen the first couple of games.