Game 2 #KSUvsGT Media

Pointer

Helluva Engineer

Thacker's interview was much better. I think he will have the guys ready on defense. Did pretty well at Temple vs Army and Navy. They played very discipline and mixed up blitzing the mesh pretty well (probably what he meant by complex not complicated). Looked allot like how VT used to play us. GT should (keyword) win this handedly (Of course this glosses over the Citadel loss).

Last edited:

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Well, KSU beat Reinhardt University by 10 at home last week. Reinhardt is a private university in Waleska, GA (yes, Waleska, GA) with about 1300 undergraduates. Amigos, we are probably going to be in some deep s**t this Saturday. 😳
The main thing we have going in our favor is the old Navy adage: "When the leaves change, the offense rolls." It was that way when Paul was at Tech too; we'd often have a couple of games earlier on where we looked out of synch. Their early game against Reinhardt might have been like that.

Oth, they played a regular schedule this last fall, so …

Update: I just looked at their rster. the OL is short big guys (290 - 310), the DL is short not so big guys (250 - 300). Should be an interesting challenge, but we might wear them out by the 4th.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
In response to this bolded part, he somehow alluded to how much he loved the buzz from the fans in the "relatively packed Bobby Dodd stadium".
Kill Me Smh GIF

Edit:
Also mentioned that he knows who is really in his corner based on the people who reached out to him after the game.
1) Bill Curry
2) Josh Pastner
3) his old receivers coach

No big money donors, or TStan.
Since when is 33,000 or so a "relatively packed" Grant Field? It was probably the least attended night game in living memory in spite of the summer long drumbeat.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
"Coach Collins, can you explain how you had 2 100 yard rushers, a 12/18 quarterback, and only walked away with 21 points?" would have been a spicy question from a reporter the past few days.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Patenaude's answer at 1:53 is absolutely fantastic, must-watch tape for this entire board. I've been trying to convince this whole board since Sunday that the offense played a good game and all anybody wants to tell me is "oh well Western Michigan scored 33 points on them last year, oh Miami OH scored 36."

We should have scored 40+ points in this game! It wasn't Jordan Yates or JP Mason or the OL's fault that it only ended up 21.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Patenaude's answer at 1:53 is absolutely fantastic, must-watch tape for this entire board. I've been trying to convince this whole board since Sunday that the offense played a good game and all anybody wants to tell me is "oh well Western Michigan scored 33 points on them last year, oh Miami OH scored 36."

We should have scored 40+ points in this game! It wasn't Jordan Yates or JP Mason or the OL's fault that it only ended up 21.

You're not the only one saying the offense wasn't as bad as it appeared. Anyone who rewatched the game saw a lot of promise in the offense, and saw a lot of good things CDP put together. Unfortunately, our players have to execute...which he brought up often.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
So nice to watch a professional head coaches presser. what a difference

I've known Bohannon a long time. Really good guy.
His presser today was really good. He gets it.
Now, he's built that program from scratch. And they've been good at the FCS level - now in a good run of playoff appearances.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
As for the offense Saturday night, it was a pretty good showing by the numbers - first downs total yards. Yates played his tail off. Mason did what Mason does - run mad.
However, what counts is only one number column. That's the one under Points.
Gotta score.

Dress2Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Is some level of owning losses. Dodging football questions and answering with the same tired lines about the process, the turnaround, excellence, etc. ain't getting it.

What I want to hear is "That was unacceptable. We lost a game we shouldn't have." "Here are a half dozen actionable items we need to correct so this doesn't happen again: <insert list>"

I never get "football talk" from the head coach. All I get is cheerleading.

That might work for some recruits, but it will never work for the hardcore fans who understand football, fund the program, and expect some level of accountability.

Lose those folks (the ones who bring the Benjamins) and it is over for him. "No bucks, no Buck Rogers." as the saying goes.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I might push back on this a bit. If he was winning a bunch of games, you wouldn't care what he said at pressers. it's sort of like CPJ...when he was on top of his game and beating Uga, he was a 'straight shooter", "tell it like it is kind of guy", a 'stand up Tech man". When he wasn't winning, he was 'snarky", a "curmedgeon", "bad with the press", etc.

What we want is the bottom line results. Everything else, espececially discussions about personalities and style, is just fodder for bar room and internet message board discussions.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
I might push back on this a bit. If he was winning a bunch of games, you wouldn't care what he said at pressers. it's sort of like CPJ...when he was on top of his game and beating Uga, he was a 'straight shooter", "tell it like it is kind of guy", a 'stand up Tech man". When he wasn't winning, he was 'snarky", a "curmedgeon", "bad with the press", etc.

What we want is the bottom line results. Everything else, espececially discussions about personalities and style, is just fodder for bar room and internet message board discussions.
Yeah, that’s fair…but he’s a pretty easy target. The stuff we screw up makes it look like his team and staff are not prepared and unaware. Time management, dead ball penalties (last year), turnovers, players arguing, etc. Then he just acts like it’s all sunshine and rainbows and looks like a fool.

So I know it’s all in the spirit of being positive, but you know, if we think this stuff then there are probably recruits that think this stuff too - AND WORSE, current players. So for him to shrug it off as fans that don’t know what they’re talking about is a little arrogant.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I said I won't listen to the interview with CGC and now I really wish I had not.

Dear CGC you should be a politician cause you are the best I have seen at not answering a question and rambling on and acting like you did. I think I may know the problem now if at practice when you talk to the players you talk about your past history like you do in your interviews I can understand why the players are not coached up. When someone asks what happen and how did we lose to a team we were favored to beat by 18.5 They are not looking to hear about you they want to know why and what are you going to do to correct the problem. I would guess the real answer is you don't know. Here is a little hint this is Georgia Tech no one cares about what you did a Miss State , Florida , or Temple we only care about Georgia Tech. All we want is to win if your history is that great write a book but in the meantime look at what we did wrong and coach the players,

Last edited: