Game 12 #UGAvsGT Media

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Absolutely sad when carp sad they got extra motivation when he said that stadium will be mostly red. I don’t know if others tech fans are tired of that but I am so ****ing tired of seeing that in out stadium. It pisses me the ****ing hell off. I am so tired of it. Wish he had fans with ****ing balls!!!!!
Wish we had double the student population and a football team competing for a national title for the 4th consecutive year too. Oh well, IIWII

Bonaire41

Jolly Good Fellow
Wish we had double the student population and a football team competing for a national title for the 4th consecutive year too. Oh well, IIWII
No we got enough students to go to tech. We need to get them two ****ing go. I am so sick and tired of our fan base making excuses. There’s no excuse for allowing the stadium to be 70 percent red. That is on the techs fans. And this have been for years and years. No more excuses. Point Blank

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
No we got enough students to go to tech. We need to get them two ****ing go. I am so sick and tired of our fan base making excuses. There’s no excuse for allowing the stadium to be 70 percent red. That is on the techs fans. And this have been for years and years. No more excuses. Point Blank
Nobody is making excuses. They have more students, more alumni, more local alumni, and more success. Our students do show up for games, it’s the alumni and older fans that don’t.

I hate that BDS fills up red too, and it’s pretty scummy for Tech fans to sell their tickets to UGA fans. But if somebody can make their money back, or make a profit by doing something as inconsequential as selling a ticket to an opposing fan then it’s hard for me to judge them too hard. Especially in a year like this where there’s virtually no chance of winning. The worst part is hearing about how they take over the stadium every 2 years, and hearing g*d damn “calling the dwags” and barking sh*t at Bobby Dodd. But there’s not really anything to do about it other than get better and hope they decline.

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
Whoever our DB coach is must go too I would think. We had great experience and depth with our DB's and they have looked lost and played poorly all season - like a group of Freshmen...
Researching who our DB coaches are is easy. We have one for corner-backs and one for safeties, Burton and Popovich. Burton is one of our better recruiters and is one of the two lead recruiters for Jaron Willis. Willis could be a game changer for us next year. Larry Knight is another good recruiter for us. He coaches defensive linemen along with Marco Coleman. Just a tough situation all the way around.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Dude, that’s a great rant, but false. My son is a GT student. He grew up a rabid fan. But he’s been amazed that most students could care less. Why? Well, that gets political. When you choose to admit students not from this state and choose to admit foreign students at a high rate then you can’t blame these same students for not going to games. And you can’t blame them when they graduate and never return. That would be like my son going to school in India. I doubt he would spend his off time going to cricket matches. There’s a reason it’s been happening for years and it’s all structural with how the school operates. So you can keep ranting about it but it’s not going to get better. It’s going to get worse. My son took a date to a ball game. She’s a student from New Jersey. She knew nothing about the game and asked if we were good or bad. My son just laughed. Winning and excitement would help, but the days of entire families going to GT living within driving distance are over. I’ve ranted in the past about the number of families who the grandparents went to GT, the parents went to GT, and the kids end up at UGA because GT would rather admit others. It’s sad to see family ties end because of admission policies. These are the folks who are missing. And they aren’t being replaced.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Nice quote about Yates from Patenaude:

Plus Collins has said he helps coach DBs.

Agreed. We have the same DBs as last year. We're actually getting a better push with our DL than last year. More receivers are running free this year. That's not a skill or ability thing. That's a scheme thing. Not sure who that falls to, but it's coaching at some level. Either the scheme's too complicated for the players or it's not being taught well enough. I'll have more to say about this after the season is over, but right now, I'm 100% behind my team, and that includes both players and coaches.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Researching who our DB coaches are is easy. We have one for corner-backs and one for safeties, Burton and Popovich. Burton is one of our better recruiters and is one of the two lead recruiters for Jaron Willis. Willis could be a game changer for us next year. Larry Knight is another good recruiter for us. He coaches defensive linemen along with Marco Coleman. Just a tough situation all the way around.
I want one coach in charge of the secondary . If a new DC does come I would expect some reorg in the defense responsibilities. There have been too many break downs in assignments back there. Those guys have to be on the same page.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
They’re not making excuses. Tech fans would rather sell their uga tickets to anyone for enough money to recoup their original cost than go to a game they think we’ll get blown out of. The money outpaces the cringe at BDS in red. In general our fans are like warm when we’re mediocre and ****ty when we’re losing. It’s been that way as long as I’ve been around Tech.

Plus, you have a non-insignificant number of season ticket holders who are uga fans and buy tickets for just that game. They put the rest on stubhub and still get to see their team cheaper than it would cost to go to Sanford & Son stadium.