Game 12 #UGAvsGT Media

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
If I did, I wrote it when I was pissed off, I think we have some good coaches CTC,CMC and CLK, Still not sure about CBK, I just think the new coordinator has that right to pick if the head coach and him don't agree than the head coach picked the wrong one. BUT PONIT BLANK I want CGC to be replaced but I know that won't happen for 2 more years
Then why bother change coordinators? Better to have continuity in that case.

Last edited:

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Or listen to it and ask yourself how much better people would have felt about him if he had given press conferences like this from the beginning. He still needs to start winning and do a better job coaching but his more humble/less arrogant tone was a breath of fresh air to me.
I agree completely. Between some of the fiscal realities, some of the arguments made to "see this thing through" and a suddenly more palatable Collins at the podium, I am beginning to lean back towards giving him another year IF they replace coordinators (or AT LEAST the DC).

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Forced humility is not humility, but I also will give him the benefit of the doubt that maybe he had no idea how he was coming across to the faithful. Lord knows he does not seem self-aware at times.

With that said, I have still seen enough of his leadership and gameday decision making to know I want a new HC. I also know this is very unlikely for now due to $$.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
Most the time (if the coordinator is good) he would interview the ones there and if he liked them fine but he would also have the right to bring in others. Can you name one coordinator did not have the option.
Coordinators who work for Saban. Also, the coordinators don't bring their system or new terminology. They use Saban's.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Forced humility is not humility, but I also will give him the benefit of the doubt that maybe he had no idea how he was coming across to the faithful. Lord knows he does not seem self-aware at times.

With that said, I have still seen enough of his leadership and gameday decision making to know I want a new HC. I also know this is very unlikely for now due to $$.
Also understandable.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Listened to the first 6 minutes (didn’t have time to listen to more due to Thanksgiving preparations) and I have to say what I heard was 1000X better than any press conference I’ve heard him give in the past. Don’t know if someone has worked with him or not but it finally felt like he was actually answering questions and concerns and connecting with people in the room. Good job. Finally.

Here’s a question for any of you. Since we are not going to beat Georgia what would you need to see in that game that would either be a moral victory or at least indicate that some progress has been made? What kind of loss to Georgia would be a hopeful sign for you?

Just curious what others think.
Score 3 or more offensive TDs, hold UGa to 42 or fewer points, not have a punt, XP or FG attempt blocked.

randerto

Jolly Good Fellow
This isn’t true, nor should it be how it works. Teams replace coordinators all the time without completely revamping the rest of the staff. Unless there are issues with specific position coaches there’s no need to replace them just because a new coordinator is being brought in.
Whoever our DB coach is must go too I would think. We had great experience and depth with our DB's and they have looked lost and played poorly all season - like a group of Freshmen...