Game 12 #UGAvsGT Media

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I actually listened to this for the first time in 6 weeks or more. Collins normally irritates the beejeebers out of me with his rainbow and unicorn talk. This time he admitted we had taken a step backwards and it was on the coaches to fix it. He sounded like a coach who thought he had one year left to prove himself

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Listened to the first 6 minutes (didn’t have time to listen to more due to Thanksgiving preparations) and I have to say what I heard was 1000X better than any press conference I’ve heard him give in the past. Don’t know if someone has worked with him or not but it finally felt like he was actually answering questions and concerns and connecting with people in the room. Good job. Finally.

Here’s a question for any of you. Since we are not going to beat Georgia what would you need to see in that game that would either be a moral victory or at least indicate that some progress has been made? What kind of loss to Georgia would be a hopeful sign for you?

Just curious what others think.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Listened to the first 6 minutes (didn’t have time to listen to more due to Thanksgiving preparations) and I have to say what I heard was 1000X better than any press conference I’ve heard him give in the past. Don’t know if someone has worked with him or not but it finally felt like he was actually answering questions and concerns and connecting with people in the room. Good job. Finally.

Here’s a question for any of you. Since we are not going to beat Georgia what would you need to see in that game that would either be a moral victory or at least indicate that some progress has been made? What kind of loss to Georgia would be a hopeful sign for you?

Score a TD and keep them under 50. Hold our own against the backups

Billygoat91

Jolly Good Fellow

I don't think there is anything we can take from the game. uGA has made every team they have played this year look incompetent offensively. Primarily, less blown coverage on defense will be nice.

I want to see a tech team with fight in them. I would like for us to come out and at least punch them in the mouth before we get totally dominated. Let's lose 35-7, not 55-0

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer

UGA does an incredible job facilitating the ball to their bevy of talented underclass tight ends. Would be nice for us to try and force them to beat us with their other weapons. I don't need to see us take away their best threat on offense but would be nice to see us put a focus on it. Its something i'll be looking for.

Billygoat91

Jolly Good Fellow

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Anyone hear that last question on 20:00 min +/-. Reporter went straight for the jugular on coordinators and CGC dodged that thing like Vince Vaughn in Dodgeball...

I think we are getting new coordinators!
Here is that problem (don't get me wrong I think they need to go) if you replace them you have to let the new coordinators bring in their coaches they want. Or will he replace them with someone on the staff. (not sure that would help) But would like to see
how CTC would do calling play)

Billygoat91

Jolly Good Fellow
Here is that problem (don't get me wrong I think they need to go) if you replace them you have to let the new coordinators bring in their coaches they want. Or will he replace them with someone on the staff. (not sure that would help) But would like to see
I am on the same page as you and don't know if it will help at all. Thing is, what we have now is not working. If CGC is gone after next year regardless, who cares if we get coordinators or not, as long as tech is not getting itself in a bad place with the new contracts.

I am not sure the coordinators we have currently were allowed to bring in all of the guys working under them. Nearly all of the coaches that have tech connections were not on the Temple staff, if my memory serves me right. Who knows, that could be a contributing factor to the lack of sychronization we see on both sides of the ball.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
Finally listened to his presser, finally a decent one. Not sure if it was all the bad press from this weekend but he finally addressed the big concern about us sliding backwards, and what he can say to donors and the fans

He also took a question about thacker and coach p. Sounds like he knows that there are issues and don't want to read to much into, but sure feels like he's admitting that to save his job he needs a change of coordinators

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
This isn’t true, nor should it be how it works. Teams replace coordinators all the time without completely revamping the rest of the staff. Unless there are issues with specific position coaches there’s no need to replace them just because a new coordinator is being brought in.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
This isn’t true, nor should it be how it works. Teams replace coordinators all the time without completely revamping the rest of the staff.
Most the time (if the coordinator is good) he would interview the ones there and if he liked them fine but he would also have the right to bring in others. Can you name one coordinator did not have the option.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Most the time (if the coordinator is good) he would interview the ones there and if he liked them fine but he would also have the right to bring in others. Can you name one coordinator did not have the option.
I’m not saying he shouldn’t have the option, and there are probably a couple current position coaches that do need to be replaced. But you have made this point a few times and it’s always like you believe every single coach on the staff will have to be replaced if a new coordinator is brought in. The HC also reserves the right to deny any request by a new coordinator to hire/fire coaches if he believes they’re doing a good job.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I’m not saying he shouldn’t have the option, and there are probably a couple current position coaches that do need to be replaced. But you have made this point a few times and it’s always like you believe every single coach on the staff will have to be replaced if a new coordinator is brought in. The HC also reserves the right to deny any request by a new coordinator to hire/fire coaches if he believes they’re doing a good job.
If I did, I wrote it when I was pissed off, I think we have some good coaches CTC,CMC and CLK, Still not sure about CBK, I just think the new coordinator has that right to pick if the head coach and him don't agree than the head coach picked the wrong one. BUT PONIT BLANK I want CGC to be replaced but I know that won't happen for 2 more years

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I would like a reorg with secondary staff. Put one coach in charge of safeties, linebackers, and corners rather than 3 coaches. One guy to coordinate the secondary!!
If I did, I wrote it when I was pissed off, I think we have some good coaches CTC,CMC and CLK, Still not sure about CBK, I just think the new coordinator has that right to pick if the head coach and him don't agree than the head coach picked the wrong one. BUT PONIT BLANK I want CGC to be replaced but I know that won't happen for 2 more years