Gamblin' engineers

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
A few of us on here have admitted to being active in playing games against the spread. I thought we could have a thread where we upload our top picks each week. I am part of a forum on another site where I regularly post my top 5 plays of the week for college FB. I write a short summary backing my pick. Write ups are usually kept to under a paragraph per pick. Some weeks I "STAR***" a pick meaning it's my pick of the week feeling we have the odds in our favor.

Last week I went 7-2-0. 7 wins, 2 losses, 0 pushes. I made back my 2 losses by deciding last minute to take Lsu ML and VT and the under in a teaser of 7 points.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
I had a really good week outside of Navy and Miami, and last night had some whiskey and made a late stupid parlay of FSU -6 with the o54.5, so I went 6-3 this week. Looking forward to getting it straightened out this week.

smathis30

Ramblin' Wreck
Last week went 5-0 in the games i picked, and hit a 4 team parlay and my round robin. +1600 overall for the day. no shabby. I do analytics and went 25-19 overall, with my top 10 (meaning largest differences between my spread and Vegas's spread) went 8-2.

This week I took:

Miss State -8, Duke +3, Memphis -4.5, Buffalo +4.5, UAB-10, Fresno State +2.5

The "top 10" bets my spreadsheet says to take are:

Memphis -4.5, ASU +7, Umass -4, UAB -10, Cal +3, UVA +7, Air Force +10, Oklahoma State -31, GT -3, and FIU +1

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Here is the first play of my top 5 plays so far.

1. TCU -21 over SMU. SMU just got destroyed by north texas. North texas threw over 400 yards on this weak SMU defense. Their QB went 40/50 on the day.... that's almost unheard of.... now am I dumb enough to think TCU will do the same? No. But I do believe TCU has a much stronger defense and is equipped better on offense. It may only be a 10 point lead at half, but I feel TCU pulls away and wins this by about 31. TCU loves to run up the score on teams.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
BB0CC182-7E8C-4BF4-BC82-36EDCDC587B7.jpeg
A4161D41-607F-4229-A6DC-97966E9A03D1.jpeg

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Picks 2-5. Pick 1 is Friday on TCU.

2. New Mexico +35 Wisconsin simply doesn't cover big spreads. The spread last week was 36.5 and they didn't cover. Now we have possibly a better offensive team in new mexico getting basically the same number. Badgers probably win by 24-28. Its rare that they cover spreads 30 or higher. They run too much and are far too inconsistent on offense. I read an interesting tidbit, Wisconsin has not covered 5 of the last 6 as a 30+favorite. Give me the lobos at +35 and the under if its 60 or higher.

3. Buffalo +5 Yes, temple just got off to a horrible start losing to Villanova of all teams. But, do they bounce back? Buffalo is no slouch! They can score at will for the most part. I think 5 points are too much. As soon as the ML option opens, I'll be on that. Temple had 46 rushing yards on the game against NOVA... and gave up over 400 yards... to NOVA! Yes, that should be a wake up call and you cant base your game this week off last week, but sheesh. Plus temple seems to have an issue at QB. He went 18/32 with 1 td and 2 picks. Given that and they proved they cannot run the ball averaging at best 2.2 yards a carry, buffalo wins this 28-17

4. Missouri -17 we saw what mike leach was able to do to this wyoming team. Won by 22. Do we really think Wyoming can go into Missouri and keep this close? Personally I think Missouri can call the score here to an extent. Wyoming struggles with teams that can pass with protection, and that's what Missouri has. Drew lock should have another 4 touchdown day even against this "great" wyoming defense.

5. Cincinnati +1 just feel the wrong team is favored here. Cincinnati could possibly be a sneaky 8-9 win team this year. I don't think they lose to an odd miami Ohio team that couldn't manage a win against marshall. Cincinnati should win this by 10. Due to just overall better talent.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer

2. New Mexico +35 Wisconsin simply doesn't cover big spreads. The spread last week was 36.5 and they didn't cover. Now we have possibly a better offensive team in new mexico getting basically the same number. Badgers probably win by 24-28. Its rare that they cover spreads 30 or higher. They run too much and are far too inconsistent on offense. I read an interesting tidbit, Wisconsin has not covered 5 of the last 6 as a 30+favorite. Give me the lobos at +35 and the under if its 60 or higher.

3. Buffalo +5 Yes, temple just got off to a horrible start losing to Villanova of all teams. But, do they bounce back? Buffalo is no slouch! They can score at will for the most part. I think 5 points are too much. As soon as the ML option opens, I'll be on that. Temple had 46 rushing yards on the game against NOVA... and gave up over 400 yards... to NOVA! Yes, that should be a wake up call and you cant base your game this week off last week, but sheesh. Plus temple seems to have an issue at QB. He went 18/32 with 1 td and 2 picks. Given that and they proved they cannot run the ball averaging at best 2.2 yards a carry, buffalo wins this 28-17

4. Missouri -17 we saw what mike leach was able to do to this wyoming team. Won by 22. Do we really think Wyoming can go into Missouri and keep this close? Personally I think Missouri can call the score here to an extent. Wyoming struggles with teams that can pass with protection, and that's what Missouri has. Drew lock should have another 4 touchdown day even against this "great" wyoming defense.

5. Cincinnati +1 just feel the wrong team is favored here. Cincinnati could possibly be a sneaky 8-9 win team this year. I don't think they lose to an odd miami Ohio team that couldn't manage a win against marshall. Cincinnati should win this by 10. Due to just overall better talent.
I like Missouri and Cincy

smathis30

Ramblin' Wreck

Really like the Cincy and Buffalo picks.
Cincy is a good pick but its hard to tell where exactly a win over Josh Rosenless UCLA is actually worth anything or not. Ill be at their game this saturday against OU!
I like the wisconsin pick too but i got burned last year so many times thinking they couldn't cover big spreads lol

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Really like the Cincy and Buffalo picks.
Cincy is a good pick but its hard to tell where exactly a win over Josh Rosenless UCLA is actually worth anything or not. Ill be at their game this saturday against OU!
I like the wisconsin pick too but i got burned last year so many times thinking they couldn't cover big spreads lol

That should be a good game. I almost say UCLA covers 30.5, but it may be close. Chip Kelly cant get off to a loss and a blowout his first 2 weeks. I really want to say Oklahoma wins by 24-28. If you can buy half a point to make it 31 you should be okay. Should be. Haha Oklahoma looked like a juggernaut against FAU, but it could of been just a lack of focus and prep. 1st games are always iffy.

BigDaddyBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Just loaded up on Houston -3.5 vs Arizona. Sumlin is about to start 0-2 as Zona D is terrible and Houston should score at will. Oliver has the speed at d-line to keep Tate in check. Cougars roll

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Just loaded up on Houston -3.5 vs Arizona. Sumlin is about to start 0-2 as Zona D is terrible and Houston should score at will. Oliver has the speed at d-line to keep Tate in check. Cougars roll

I've been down on Houston since herman left. But I am starting to realize herman wasn't what made this team good. They have some ballers! I'm riding with you on the -3.5, I'll buy it down to -3 barring a crazy game.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
I know this is college but I took Atlanta +3 when lines opened and now they are -1 for tonight. Feeling good about that one.

I know a lot of people are on Atlanta. They should win. I'm just always afraid to bet on them. They win when they shouldn't, lose when they shouldn't. Lol I'm pulling for our Falcons though!