GA TECH IS BUZZING! | FOOTBALL HOTBED | NATIONAL UNDERCLASSMEN SHOWCASE ..

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I'm just glad TStan hired a coach and that coach put together a staff that's specifically built for recruiting. Why? Because either a LOT of narrative are about to be proven wrong, or a LOT of narratives are about to be proven correct. We'll see in 2-3 years...

This!

We have decades of evidence from Gailey and Johnson that recruiting is tough regardless of offensive scheme. We have one year, now credited to Collins, which suggests that perhaps the hurdles can be overcome better by people who concentrate on innovative recruiting strategies.

Interestingly, Collins was in the job that pulled the 2007 class for about the same amount of time, iiuc, as he will be head coach before the 2020 class.

As far as Jamious is concerned, he did put GT in his top 5 last year, and I didn't see him say that he chose NC State because of our offense.

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
Didn't read through the 7 pages of comments but the thing that stood out to me... number 1 thing the kids liked about the visit... locker rooms.... sheesh, really? But hey, they're what 16, 17, 18 year olds? If a kid is gonna sign b/c of a flashy locker room, let's double down.

Animal02

Banned
Didn't read through the 7 pages of comments but the thing that stood out to me... number 1 thing the kids liked about the visit... locker rooms.... sheesh, really? But hey, they're what 16, 17, 18 year olds? If a kid is gonna sign b/c of a flashy locker room, let's double down.
One of the Detroit papers did interviews with the top state recruits....asked what they liked and did not like about the recruiting process.....most liked the travel...many disliked getting a constant barrage of phone called and text messages.

B Lifsey

Helluva Engineer
One of the Detroit papers did interviews with the top state recruits....asked what they liked and did not like about the recruiting process.....most liked the travel...many disliked getting a constant barrage of phone called and text messages.
Just a guess, but that is probably calls/texts from schools they're not interested in vs their top choice.

Techster

Helluva Engineer

Well, given how much our own fans talk down our facilities, at least it's impressive to the guys we're trying to attract and will hopefully be using it in the future.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Well, given how much our own fans talk down our facilities, at least it's impressive to the guys we're trying to attract and will hopefully be using it in the future.

The new locker room is huge for us. Ditto our indoor facility. It’s a constant process though and no p5 program can sit on their laurels.

Thankfully TStan gets it. Will Tech people fund things to a competitive level. It’s Tstan’s job to make it happen. Not an easy job....he can’t print money.