Ga State (Away) - Tuesday

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Yeah, I stopped doing the game lead off posts since we didn't do well in a game. Since then, things have gone really south, like Patagonia south.

Anyway, GA State is awful. 10-27 overall and 128 rpi. https://www.warrennolan.com/baseball/2021/schedule/Georgia-State

I might be a little bit upset if we don't crush them and use 5-8 pitchers for practice.

THWG

Helluva Engineer

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer
We need some of that "thread discipline" folks... the old Ga State (1st game) thread is getting some activity & could lead folks to believe this week's game maybe being played on Wed. Not so.

TUESDAY at 6pm.
Sorry, that was me.
I figured someone would have started another already so I recycled.

I would trust people would follow that was then and this is now especially as we're talking about this week vs back at the a$$-kicking

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Sorry, that was me.
I figured someone would have started another already so I recycled.

I would trust people would follow that was then and this is now especially as we're talking about this week vs back at the a$$-kicking
No apology necessary.... & perhaps you're correct.

This is probably a good time for me to say... I don't need to be the thread starter. I do it when I'm here & notice but I do it so often, I get feeling others are hesitant.

@GTNavyNuke has his own whack-a-doo reasons he will (or won't) initiate a thread. The hexy jinxters get in his head. 😅😅

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
....... The hexy jinxters get in his head. 😅😅

Then we won't talk about those here who think Wiley can influence the games. 🦨 I know he does jinx us :rolleyes:, but there are others who say the same thing ..........

Nonetheless, our record when I introduce the post is probably better than those after me ;)

We just need to find a way to appease the Baseball Gods to get out of this slump.

I just ordered this book to figure out how

Deleted member 2897

You all will be happy to learn I've discovered who the jinxed poster is and the bane of our existence. Navy if I am looking right only posted the game schedule thread for Mercer, which we won. So he's undefeated. Fred posted all the rest except one - Virginia, which I posted.

Notice the Virginia series? That was when we were still hot and playing well through early April. But we lost that series 1-2. Furthermore, the one game we won, we won 6-5 so we were nearly swept. We then lost to USC Upstate, lost the series against Notre Dame and barely won 1 game, and lost to Auburn.

If I could ask anything, I'd ask the mods to kindly delete my Virginia series thread. We won't miss it at this point, and it might be good juju karma in the universe for us going forward.

Rest assured I will not create any new baseball threads this season.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
You all will be happy to learn I've discovered who the jinxed poster is and the bane of our existence. Navy if I am looking right only posted the game schedule thread for Mercer, which we won. So he's undefeated. Fred posted all the rest except one - Virginia, which I posted.

Notice the Virginia series? That was when we were still hot and playing well through early April. But we lost that series 1-2. Furthermore, the one game we won, we won 6-5 so we were nearly swept. We then lost to USC Upstate, lost the series against Notre Dame and barely won 1 game, and lost to Auburn.

If I could ask anything, I'd ask the mods to kindly delete my Virginia series thread. We won't miss it at this point, and it might be good juju karma in the universe for us going forward.

Rest assured I will not create any new baseball threads this season.
I don't want to hear anymore complaints about coaching, fielding, pitching... let's focus on the real problem.... the knuckleheads posting here.

Dan the Chemist

Georgia Tech Fan

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Nice workmanlike win.

Plate discipline - 4.4 pitches per AB for us. Only 6 hits but 8 BBs and 1 HBP.

No errors for us (Malloy's original error was changed to a GSU hit.) But GSU had 3 errors which gave us 3 unearned runs. Plus a lot of wild bitches.

Pitching really good by Medich and Huff. Use used 4 pitchers and GSU used 8. We got through to 2 of them.

1619013687027.png

Very fortunate in B4 that GS didn't score. 1 out SO with bases loaded was massive. After two HBP ....... and a wild pitch (which I guess is a HBP that misses the batter). Wiley noted we were lucky that it was a HBP or the runner at third would have scored.
1619013613795.png

Squints

Helluva Engineer
Nice workmanlike win.

No errors for us (Malloy's original error was changed to a GSU hit.) But GSU had 3 errors which gave us 3 unearned runs. Plus a lot of wild bitches.

Pitching really good by Medich and Huff. Use used 4 pitchers and GSU used 8. We got through to 2 of them.

Sounds like quite an experience if you were to be in attendance.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Nice workmanlike win.

View attachment 10385

Very fortunate in B4 that GS didn't score. 1 out SO with bases loaded was massive. After two HBP ....... and a wild pitch (which I guess is a HBP that misses the batter). Wiley noted we were lucky that it was a HBP or the runner at third would have scored.
View attachment 10384
Yes... one of the stranger innings you'd see in a baseball game. GSU should have scored multiple runs in this inning. Wiley was correct... Pearson was hit (barely glazed him) by a pitch bound for the backstop. ...the runner on 3rd could not advance since it hit the batter. Then with bases loaded... Jones sizzles his "single" directly into the foot of the baserunner off from 1st. It was bound for RF and 2 would have scored easily. Note: So... the kid (Pearson) gets hit by the ball TWICE in the inning costing his team runs. LOL.

TampaBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Yes... one of the stranger innings you'd see in a baseball game. GSU should have scored multiple runs in this inning. Wiley was correct... Pearson was hit (barely glazed him) by a pitch bound for the backstop. ...the runner on 3rd could not advance since it hit the batter. Then with bases loaded... Jones sizzles his "single" directly into the foot of the baserunner off from 1st. It was bound for RF and 2 would have scored easily. Note: So... the kid (Pearson) gets hit by the ball TWICE in the inning costing his team runs. LOL.
I am glad somebody explained what happened....reading the play by play, I was totally confused.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
I am glad somebody explained what happened....reading the play by play, I was totally confused.
Yes... and other experts on scoring can correct me if I'm wrong... but Compton gets credited with the putout on the ball that hit the baserunner (closest player to the ball?) ... @GTNavyNuke will love this part. So... Compton improves his fielding % by never touching the baseball. Isn't baseball beautiful!