Ga Southern

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
i'll say this, most stakeholders in GT football don't see this as anything but another cupcake before the real season starts. that's understandable and vegas will most likely agree. remember, wofford beat southern last year . . . ;)

A trap game has nothing to do with the attitude of stakeholders or fans. The term refers to games which a team might not focus on because of its place in schedule.

Stonewall

Jolly Good Fellow
I know what you were getting at. Unless you poll the players, it's all conjecture on your part...and my part.

Ultimately, how they play on the field will answer the question. GT is unquestionably the more talented team.
+1. let all the talking be done of the field for both teams. we know who should win. let's see who actually puts the pieces together and gets the W.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I know what you were getting at. Unless you poll the players, it's all conjecture on your part...and my part.

Ultimately, how they play on the field will answer the question. GT is unquestionably the more talented team.

Your second paragraph falsifies your first sentence.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Lol. Another thread to remind me that GTSwarm has no "you must be this tall to ride" sign.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Lucky for you. You wouldn't be able to get on GTSwarm otherwise.

;)
hIfnD7N.gif

Mack

Helluva Engineer
They look like us without the depth is what I take away from what others have said. They will be more motivated to start; but Tulane was supposed to be too. After our erratic performance against Tulane and Woffard, I don't think our players will be over confident.

We should destroy them - after two games based on how the teams have actually played, we are ranked 35th and they are 118th. http://www.jhowell.net/cf/cf2014.htm But I expect a close first half, just like our first two games. Then our size and speed and depth will wear them down. We need to enjoy this while we can; outside of NC State, this is the last game where we will have such a decided advantage.

One nice thing for all the fans and both teams; the long range forecast is for a high of 79F next Saturday.
We should win but...........tell that to Fla last year...the kids there are focused on this one and it may be a tuff half...we cannot give them any room to gain confidence ..if we do then it could be nasty..big game head wise.I sure hope we dont turn this ball over as much as we did yesterday.....dont give them anything.they can hurt you.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
i'll say this, most stakeholders in GT football don't see this as anything but another cupcake before the real season starts. that's understandable and vegas will most likely agree. remember, wofford beat southern last year . . . ;)
Hey Stoney remember the convesation we had prior to the Appy game few years ago when you said playing Bama yall expected to WIN....bet they will come into the stadium with fire in their eyes...Should be a good one.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
Wofford thumped Southern last year, when GSU had McKinnon after the Eagles crushed two chumps to start the year. And it's pretty much the same Southern team and they're running a lot of stuff they ran last year.

PJ will make sure Tech takes this game with all gravity possible. I expect this to be a very intense week of practice. PJ has a very soft spot in his heart for the real GSU and Statesboro, but ... believe me, he wants this one. Bad. Betcha Sewak does too.

Stonewall

Jolly Good Fellow
Hey Stoney remember the convesation we had prior to the Appy game few years ago when you said playing Bama yall expected to WIN....bet they will come into the stadium with fire in their eyes...Should be a good one.
call southern fans crazy, but they don't travel away in plans of showing well or moral victories. now, that doesn't mean they don't know the reality of expectations.

Stonewall

Jolly Good Fellow
Wofford thumped Southern last year, when GSU had McKinnon after the Eagles crushed two chumps to start the year. And it's pretty much the same Southern team and they're running a lot of stuff they ran last year.

PJ will make sure Tech takes this game with all gravity possible. I expect this to be a very intense week of practice. PJ has a very soft spot in his heart for the real GSU and Statesboro, but ... believe me, he wants this one. Bad. Betcha Sewak does too.
absolutely coach wants this! he'd never hear the end of this loss from his detractors.

as for this being the same GS team as last year, it's not. there was nothing to play for last year. new year and ambitious goals with the move to FBS. yes, they're run first oriented but Fritz's O is not the same. it's a true spread. blocking is different. mckinnon was big but this O isn't anemic with him in the pros.

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
We didn't play the Woff option very well and a team that scores 80! pts gets my attention.It will be a struggle I believe esp if we have TOs. .Is White ok?

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I made the comment in an earlier thread that the GSU game would be over by the end of the 1st Quarter. After watching our first two games, I'll retract that statement. It may still come true, but I'm not sure our defense will be locked in early enough for that to be true. I don't think this game close at half time (meaning probably 10-14 point lead), and grows in the 3rd Quarter. I think the 4th Quarter will be played evenly or even advantage GSU. Final score will be on the order of 45-17 (or 45-27 if the defense doesn't get it in gear). This is not a knock on GSU, I just don't think they're close enough yet (and UF was a train wreck last year and was hit by a perfect storm) and GT (CPJ) will be gunning for GSU.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I think most Tech people have respected (and enjoyed) GSU football for a long time.

Not saying GT fans don't respect GSU...I just think there's a lot of GT fans underestimating GSU because we look at them as a school not on our level conference-wise, or talent wise. If you go look at various threads, and this thread, you can see some of it. I think there's a lot of overlap of GSU and GT fans so it's going to be a well attended game and a great atmosphere.

I think GSU is a better TEAM than most of our fans think. The evidence is out there against NC State and putting up 80+ points this weekend. I don't care if it's Johnny's School of HVAC...80+ points is very impressive.

Vegas Insider line is 24 points. I'm not confident we cover after what we displayed the first two games. Would love to be proven wrong.