Future schedule news

TechCubed

Helluva Engineer

Georgia Tech football will open the 2021 season at home versus Northern Illinois, Tech announced on Wednesday. The Yellow Jackets will host the Huskies at Bobby Dodd Stadium on Sept. 4, 2021, three weeks earlier than the previously announced date of Sept. 25.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Did you read article? They took that into consideration.
I don't care this is the state of Georgia you do not play a game on Friday night this makes us look like the AAC candy a++ football ' You play on Saturday, Saturday night or Thursday night.
This just makes us look bad would Alabama Clemson Auburn or uga play on Friday night in the deep south ? NO

MGTfan

Ramblin' Wreck
I don't care this is the state of Georgia you do not play a game on Friday night this makes us look like the AAC candy a++ football ' You play on Saturday, Saturday night or Thursday night.
This just makes us look bad would Alabama Clemson Auburn or uga play on Friday night in the deep south ? NO

Well I have bad news for you—we are currently nowhere near those programs in terms of relevance. They don’t have to play on Friday night to get on ESPN. Sometimes we do. You may not like that, but it’s reality.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
https://ramblinwreck.com/georgia-tech-ucf-moved-to-friday-night/

"The game was originally scheduled to be played on Saturday, Sept. 19 but ESPN approached Georgia Tech to move the contest to Friday night, as ESPN desired to televise the game on one of its two flagship networks. After consulting with UCF and campus and community partners, and following head coach Geoff Collins’ conversations with dozens of local high school football coaches, Georgia Tech agreed to the move."

“We’re also appreciative of the support of the many high school football coaches that Coach Collins reached out to before we accepted this opportunity. Friday night high school football is an institution in Georgia and we wouldn’t have considered this rare opportunity without consulting with local high school coaches first.”

Just have to take off work early to get up there before traffic comes to a standstill. I love watching weekday night games, but I don't like the 3 hr drive home AFTER the game. At least this time I don't have to worry about going into work.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Well I have bad news for you—we are currently nowhere near those programs in terms of relevance. They don’t have to play on Friday night to get on ESPN. Sometimes we do. You may not like that, but it’s reality.
Ok are we near the piss poor teams that play on Friday ?