Future looks bright!!

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
The Matt Jordan & Kenny Cooper Era look good to me!

Go Jackets!!
Your kidding right? I like Jordan but he has missed a ton of reads already. The TD looked like a mid line play which is a keeper for Jordan and he went untouched, I give him props for that and I hope he does well, but it needs to be better than this game.

GTFLETCH

Banned
Not s u really what game you are watching...however most GT fans hate that we lose to VT...I think the series is in VT favor 9 to 4...

MJ is leading the team to a 20 -0 lead...so No I am not kidding with 3 true freshman OL and MJ it looks bright....

You can go be a Bulldog lover if you like...

stpetewreck

Georgia Tech Fan
Your kidding right? I like Jordan but he has missed a ton of reads already. The TD looked like a mid line play which is a keeper for Jordan and he went untouched, I give him props for that and I hope he does well, but it needs to be better than this game.

The TD was a QB Follow play. No read. But he has missed a few. We haven't run much midline (with reads) yet. We did once that I noticed, the DT slow played it -- so Jordan should have given it to Marcus. But I'm totally fine with a few missed reads when you have a QB that can bruise his was btw the tackles for a fairly consistent 4 yards. We're seeing that today. And once he he consistently does that well, it'll open up ALL SORTS of pitch lanes on any triple option play.

stpetewreck

Georgia Tech Fan
I would agree that the future is bright, but mainly because we're still growing in age/experience almost everywhere. Couple that with a: "our defense will certainly be better THIS (future speak) season, right", thought and we have a perfectly bright future regardless of our end win/loss record.

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck
Jordan has held up well. He's a 3rd year so he should know his way around. Let's be honest though, we're in this game due to defense, turnovers, and a few breaks on penalties.

Love his fight though (needs to be comfortable on the read pitch though)

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
The TD was a QB Follow play. No read. But he has missed a few. We haven't run much midline (with reads) yet. We did once that I noticed, the DT slow played it -- so Jordan should have given it to Marcus. But I'm totally fine with a few missed reads when you have a QB that can bruise his was btw the tackles for a fairly consistent 4 yards. We're seeing that today. And once he he consistently does that well, it'll open up ALL SORTS of pitch lanes on any triple option play.
I love being able to get 4 yards a play but I still think he needs to stretch the option out at times and make the pitch, he did it that last drive and we got a huge gain and imo that's been there a handful of times today. Sooner than later not making that pitch will hurt us because teams will adjust and if he's not making the pitch now I'm not so sure when the pressure gets worse on him from the DL and LB's that he will feel comfortable making the pitch. This is just my opinion of course and it's just how I see it.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Not s u really what game you are watching...however most GT fans hate that we lose to VT...I think the series is in VT favor 9 to 4...

MJ is leading the team to a 20 -0 lead...so No I am not kidding with 3 true freshman OL and MJ it looks bright....

You can go be a Bulldog lover if you like...
Lol calm down man I gave my opinion, does it really hurt your feelings that much? I'm not the only one seeing him not making pitches and that eventually can hurt you is my point. You act like I was talking trash on the team or something, I simple stated what I am seeing. And I know you weren't kidding, I wasn't being serious when asking the question.

Last edited:

stpetewreck

Georgia Tech Fan
I love being able to get 4 yards a play but I still think he needs to stretch the option out at times and make the pitch, he did it that last drive and we got a huge gain and imo that's been there a handful of times today. Sooner than later not making that pitch will hurt us because teams will adjust and if he's not making the pitch now I'm not so sure when the pressure gets worse on him from the DL and LB's that he will feel comfortable making the pitch. This is just my opinion of course and it's just how I see it.

I absolutely agree with this.

stpetewreck

Georgia Tech Fan
But again. Getting those 4 yard plays at a fairly consistent clip WILL open up those pitch lanes like crazy. On the pitch you're referring to, the run support came OFF of Lynch and help with Jordan. That's what happens when your over 200lb qb starts gashing you on his own. Lynch has daylight b/c the run support was no longer there.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I'm not going to lie, the whole 3 part center exchange for us has look super shaky most of this game
I wonder if cooper isn't getting the snap up
Or is Jordan is pulling out to fast? Last week I don't remember this happening when cooper came in and Jordan played QB with cooper in last week.

Brettb98

Georgia Tech Fan
Good God can you be any more negative???Sheesh!!

ybeenormal

Jolly Good Fellow
Could he not be making the pitch because of limited playing time? I don't really care. I like watching a bruiser that lays the licks instead of always receiving them. And as I'm typing this Jordan fumbles on the pitch.....still like him tho

stpetewreck

Georgia Tech Fan
I wonder if cooper isn't getting the snap up
Or is Jordan is pulling out to fast? Last week I don't remember this happening when cooper came in and Jordan played QB with cooper in last week.

It's been for different reasons. A re-watch would be needed to see exactly what the issue has been MOST of the time. And even the mesh itself btw Jordan and Marcus hasn't been 100% fluid all game. It's just lack of reps btw the 3 of them.

stpetewreck

Georgia Tech Fan
Could he not be making the pitch because of limited playing time? I don't really care. I like watching a bruiser that lays the licks instead of always receiving them. And as I'm typing this Jordan fumbles on the pitch.....still like him tho

Would need to re-watch, but doesn't it seem like coach has removed the reads most of this game. It's been MOSTLY QB Follow plays, and what FEELS (on first watch) a like lot of pre called reads on some Midline to Marcus. There really hasn't been but a few triple option plays.

GTRanj

Jolly Good Fellow
Let's not over hype the Jordan train here. He played great for first real time action, but the real difference today was we had somewhat of a defense, and turnovers (some fortunate). Great win, let's not disrespect Justin though.