From the Seats

Treb1982

Jolly Good Fellow
So I was at the game today, just some observations. 1) Gibbs is the man and why we don't give him the ball 30 times a game is silly...2) Sims needs to study tape more; he can't make it past 2 reads and changes in coverages confuse him still. 3) We need a new defensive scheme ( without those three fumbles the game isn't close)... All that said team shows flashes of being really good. I'll give Geoff and staff one more year to turn it around. Go Jackets!!!!

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
The closeness of the losses this year are setting the stage for a huge turnaround in wins for next year. At least the expectation of wins. Wich will prove true what the coaches have said, "when it clicks, its gonna be huge"!
When “what” clicks? I listened to his presser and even with his example from Temple, he can’t articulate the results. Was it the game plan? Was it deployment? Was it execution? He needs help to speak intelligently on the game(s) he just coached beyond vague “success” comments.

Not only that, his physical demeanor is “I’m beaten”. While he said “I’m confident in my abilities”, his body language said, “Percy, get me outa here!”

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
The closeness of the losses this year are setting the stage for a huge turnaround in wins for next year. At least the expectation of wins. Wich will prove true what the coaches have said, "when it clicks, its gonna be huge"!
We are losing to crappy teams. Those crappy teams are at their low point this year and will get better. We lose a lot of starters. Not that they are good but if they are starters that doesn’t give me confidence in the younger guys. And ultimately college football comes down to QB play. Sims is the same QB he was against FSU in his first start. Now, that our conference opponents have seen our “scheme” twice now they know what we do. Miami completely exposed Sims. The 3 and outs spoke volumes. We are no longer catching anyone by surprise. So, even if we are better next year I think our opponents will be better and they will outscheme us.

MACHETE

Georgia Tech Fan
When “what” clicks? I listened to his presser and even with his example from Temple, he can’t articulate the results. Was it the game plan? Was it deployment? Was it execution? He needs help to speak intelligently on the game(s) he just coached beyond vague “success” comments.

Not only that, his physical demeanor is “I’m beaten”. While he said “I’m confident in my abilities”, his body language said, “Percy, get me outa here!”
Yeah, that presser was a really bad look.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer

Yea the body language is bad. He looks completely defeated. I think he’s trying to convince himself he’s not in over his head right now while trying to stay positive for the kids. I still think all it’s gonna take is for us to win 2/3 games in a row, not saying this year because we all know why, but next year. We just look like a team that has no mental confidence in ourselves

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
I think it's more of how bad the ACC is this year that account for the sudden closeness of games.

If things really were improving, we wouldn't have lost to NIU.

CGC looking more and more like a dud with every game.

gville_jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Typically coaching changes go ‘lose big, lose small, win small, win big’. Changing from the old offense doubled with COVID year, I’ll allow 2 lose big seasons. This is lose small year and the only game that wasn’t close was Pitt. Seems we’re right on schedule so hopefully next year is a lot more fun to watch. I’m hopeful but next year when I really evaluate the coaches.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Yea the body language is bad. He looks completely defeated. I think he’s trying to convince himself he’s not in over his head right now while trying to stay positive for the kids. I still think all it’s gonna take is for us to win 2/3 games in a row, not saying this year because we all know why, but next year. We just look like a team that has no mental confidence in ourselves
Tell me that you've been in a job that challenged you where you didn't feel overwhelmed and over your head at times. I think every successful person that has striven for excellence has experienced that.

I agree that a couple of wins will cure many ills.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Tell me that you've been in a job that challenged you where you didn't feel overwhelmed and over your head at times. I think every successful person that has striven for excellence has experienced that.

I agree that a couple of wins will cure many ills.
Oh I feel that way every day when I was running my own business. There were days I want to say **** it and quit but i knew I couldn’t do that.

Unfortunately Covid did it for me.

ScGold

Banned
Gotta maintain that leverage!!!

zzzboy25

Georgia Tech Fan
You can say that but a lot of the frustration in these losses..Is coaching, no one is really arguing to get rid of these players because they're no good, it's more of the fanbase saying, why did we do that as a team!

slugboy

Staff member
So I was at the game today, just some observations. 1) Gibbs is the man and why we don't give him the ball 30 times a game is silly...2) Sims needs to study tape more; he can't make it past 2 reads and changes in coverages confuse him still. 3) We need a new defensive scheme ( without those three fumbles the game isn't close)... All that said team shows flashes of being really good. I'll give Geoff and staff one more year to turn it around. Go Jackets!!!!
Glad you posted a first-hand perspective from Miami.
It was weird to see lots of people in shorts when it was more like October weather here

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
God we need to beat BC and play ND close to get some semblance of optimism back, for the team and recruits we need something positive to happen and soon
I don't think this does it. I think we'd have to win both BC and ND to get any optimism back right now. Finish the season at 3-4 wins and what is left of the fan base won't pay much attention until we win a few games in a row.

Bonaire41

Jolly Good Fellow
We lose the remaining games and get thumped hard by the dwags, I imagine season ticket sales will be abysmal.
Then how are we supposed to get better then if we lose more money from tickets sales. Y’all must want to continue to decline. I just dont get it. We are not like a lot of schools that got millions and millions of fans. So for schools like tech the more money they lose year after year the further and longer it will take to compete. It takes money to complete at this level. Lot and Lots of it.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Then how are we supposed to get better then if we lose more money from tickets sales. Y’all must want to continue to decline. I just dont get it. We are not like a lot of schools that got millions and millions of fans. So for schools like tech the more money they lose year after year the further and longer it will take to compete. It takes money to complete at this level. Lot and Lots of it.
Ticket sales were $8.6M in 2019 which is only 13% of total revenue. Even with a drop off of say, 10% renewals, this can be made up ... painfully, but not an insurmountable number. The real problem for GTAA is not revenue, it is interest on debt. We pay more for interest on debt than we do for athletic grants. We could easily hire better coordinators if ... we did not have the financial sword of Damocles over our head.

Animal02

Banned
Ticket sales were $8.6M in 2019 which is only 13% of total revenue. Even with a drop off of say, 10% renewals, this can be made up ... painfully, but not an insurmountable number. The real problem for GTAA is not revenue, it is interest on debt. We pay more for interest on debt than we do for athletic grants. We could easily hire better coordinators if ... we did not have the financial sword of Damocles over our head.
To let revenue is also low due to lack of demand..If every game was sold out, tickets would start at $100, not the discount rates they are now.