"From the Flats", just listened and CGC said

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
we would have 18-20 kids coming in June. He had already mentioned that we had 8 already in school. so is he telling us we are going to have 4-6 more GTs or other transfers coming in June?

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
22 Signed Freshmen Recruits (Not counting Gowdy)
3 Transfers - Cochrane, Johnson, Allen
1 Blue Shirt - Albany Casey
= 26

18+8 = 26

So, potentially, 2 more unknown incoming transfers if CGC's off-the-cuff numbers are to be taken literally.

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
in public statements thats probably true.

but in his operation he is about as detail oriented, planned, dorky down to a minute of time, and more engineer like than any coach we have had. He is almost too detailed.

That’s interesting. Seems like something that you would want from your coordinators, but not necessarily the head coach. He has been a coordinator much longer than a head coach, so he’s still learning.

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
That’s interesting. Seems like something that you would want from your coordinators, but not necessarily the head coach. He has been a coordinator much longer than a head coach, so he’s still learning.

My view is that such detail focus is not his natural inclination. And yet, the degree to which our program has it is a reflection of CGC's doing. Not because he obsesses over the details (of many things) himself. But because he prioritizes the value of them existing for the program. Other people might be in charge of working out the specifics and tracking them.

But he is individually detailed in the things he is passionate about. That includes things like T-shirts. That's ok. What I love about CGC is his awareness of his strengths and his overall passion toward a unified vision. He makes sure everything he does or has done in his behalf aligns with that vision. And the reputation he has suggests he gives a great deal of trust and autonomy to those working with him so long as they show the same passion and are working in ways which also align with the overall vision.

jacketup

Helluva Engineer

but in his operation he is about as detail oriented, planned, dorky down to a minute of time, and more engineer like than any coach we have had. He is almost too detailed.

OLeary redux. Collins says the coach that influenced him the most was O'Leary, and with O'Leary the bus was leaving at X o'clock and not one minute after. O'Leary didn't seem to have that level of detail with his resume, but he did with everything else. Then again, Homer didn't hire him for his resume.

neb llarmus

Jolly Good Fellow

O’Leary was very detailed & precise on timing. Could have learned it from the old Irishman.

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
Believe him when it comes to numbers and roster management. # 1 thing he got from Saban.
Yeah don't believe him when he says this is "family" and a "brotherhood" though, because when he don't need you, your scholarship is gone. Not a fan of this at all. I truly thought Tech was above this.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Yeah don't believe him when he says this is "family" and a "brotherhood" though, because when he don't need you, your scholarship is gone. Not a fan of this at all. I truly thought Tech was above this.

Proof he has taken a scholarship away?

Too easy for guys to transfer nowadays and you would do more harm to the program if you did take one away.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
My view is that such detail focus is not his natural inclination. And yet, the degree to which our program has it is a reflection of CGC's doing. Not because he obsesses over the details (of many things) himself. But because he prioritizes the value of them existing for the program. Other people might be in charge of working out the specifics and tracking them.

But he is individually detailed in the things he is passionate about. That includes things like T-shirts. That's ok. What I love about CGC is his awareness of his strengths and his overall passion toward a unified vision. He makes sure everything he does or has done in his behalf aligns with that vision. And the reputation he has suggests he gives a great deal of trust and autonomy to those working with him so long as they show the same passion and are working in ways which also align with the overall vision.
I would feel better if he was aware of his weaknesses, the biggest of which seems to be that he is a just a middlin' game day coach. He seems to be a good recruiter -- but let's give that a couple of years to see if it is mostly just a new offense -- as some of his post-kickoff decisions in 2019 were baffling. As for the "overall vision" ... what is that exactly?

MGTfan

Ramblin' Wreck

Has any player publicly said that CGC pulled their scholarship?

Techster

Helluva Engineer

The truth eventually comes out. If CGC is pulling scholarships, then it will dent his reputation a LOT with recruits down the road. However, it can be mitigated if GT wins a LOT. There's a fine line. You can fool some of the people some of the time, you can't fool everyone every time.

Personally, I haven't seen any SA leave and post anything negative about CGC and the program since CGC has been here. For the most part, guys leaving the program have been thankful of CGC.