Friday scrimmage

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
CPJ not happy with today... Says it wasn't as competive as he would have liked.

Both sides had errors.

ramblinvak

Ramblin' Wreck
Hard to tell because it was against scout team, but man this offense sounds like it is clicking on all cylinders. I cant wait to see it in game action!

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
I like having guys like Griffin and Waller play on scout team heading into the season. It will help some of the young guys who end up getting their reps, and it helps our starters get scrimmage reps against better players.

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
CPJ not happy with today... Says it wasn't as competive as he would have liked.

Both sides had errors.
The score didn't sound competitive. The White offense and defense seemed to be clicking but the blue team didn't give them tough competition.
Sounds like Coach Johnson would like to have had then more evenly matched skill wise. Until we play competition, hard to tell where we are. Offense seems to be clicking but is it because our defense is more suspect than we want to know.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
The score didn't sound competitive. The White offense and defense seemed to be clicking but the blue team didn't give them tough competition.
Sounds like Coach Johnson would like to have had then more evenly matched skill wise. Until we play competition, hard to tell where we are. Offense seems to be clicking but is it because our defense is more suspect than we want to know.

It was vs scout team. He wasn't looking for equally matched imo. He was just looking for more. A scout team that can't give them competition helps less.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer

Agree about the lack of competition from the scout D. IMO the white D is solid, but once you populate the white D with D1 and D2 there are only LB size players left for the Scout team DL. It is hard to stop any run oriented offense when giving up that much size in the DL. (After populating the white O there is still ample size and some talent left for the scout O.) This lack of DT depth really shows up on the scout team.

I suspect the coaches will be challenged with "juggling" players for scout team practice but hopefully we will be OK in the games.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
I noticed in one of the photos on twitter that number 92, Kallon was in blue and playing for the so called Scout Team. Maybe that was just a reflection of the thin numbers on the DL, but it is beginning to look to me like Kallon just is not a football player.

Go Jackets!

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
I noticed in one of the photos on twitter that number 92, Kallon was in blue and playing for the so called Scout Team. Maybe that was just a reflection of the thin numbers on the DL, but it is beginning to look to me like Kallon just is not a football player.

Go Jackets!

no don't rely on jersey colors to identify who was wear....you will play all over the place with a jersey color especially when a position is lean in depth. I am sure kallon played with the 2s but if they subbed he may have played with the 1s too

Leonard Larramore

Jolly Good Fellow
I personally would not look at this scrimmage to seriously. Players on the blue team do not get many reps in practice so execution will be poor in a scrimmage. I don't think the score reflects a lack of talent but a lack of experience. Just my thoughts.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
I personally would not look at this scrimmage to seriously. Players on the blue team do not get many reps in practice so execution will be poor in a scrimmage. I don't think the score reflects a lack of talent but a lack of experience. Just my thoughts.

Exactly. 5 of the scout team players have only 4 days of college practice. 4 others have 3 weeks of college practice. Some DL players are out of normal position due to depth issues. With more time the scout team will get much better; however, the DTs will continue to be an issue until 2015 and IMO the coaches will have to continue to juggle DT bodies for practice.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Agree about the lack of competition from the scout D. IMO the white D is solid, but once you populate the white D with D1 and D2 there are only LB size players left for the Scout team DL. It is hard to stop any run oriented offense when giving up that much size in the DL. (After populating the white O there is still ample size and some talent left for the scout O.) This lack of DT depth really shows up on the scout team.

I suspect the coaches will be challenged with "juggling" players for scout team practice but hopefully we will be OK in the games.

Considering we lost almost a two deep at defensive line over the summer....

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
What kind of offense and defense did the scout team run I wonder? Did they run or offense/defense or Wofford's or various others?