Freshmen to watch

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
A few true Freshmen that have impressed so far and have a chance to play this year

Lance Austin
Law Austin
Step Durham
Keshun Freeman
Trey Klock
Jake Stickler
Gary Brown
Antonio Simmons
Tyler Merriweather
Qua Searcy
CJ Leggett

A lot I know...not all these will play but these are the main one's to watch right now.

Trey Klock is ahead of Stickler at the moment from what I am told.

They want one of Merriweather and Simmons to play this year.

I think 2 out of 3 CBs will play.

Brown has a chance to play at backup G.

Qua has looked good...has also been getting a lot of work in on special teams...kinda being groomed for Jamal Goldens heir. Could redshirt to add weight and due to depth at WR.

Leggett is making a good push at second string form what I was told...CPJ likes Connors though.

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
Thanks Eric. I love seeing stuff like this. A long list like you say and they won't all play this year but it says a lot about the talent in this class.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Merriweather is a SDE so I could def see him.
Simmons still needs to bulk up right ??

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
I'm sure CPJ likes Connors there because he trusts him and he knows the system. Hopefully CJ can prove something to CPJ. Any word on how Wilson is doing (hoping he gets moved back to AB)?

daBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
The coaches like the fact that Connors knows the system and is dependable. But they also believe that his athletic ceiling is limited. They would prefer that one of Wilson or Leggett surpasses him. So far, it appears that CJ may do that.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
The coaches like the fact that Connors knows the system and is dependable. But they also believe that his athletic ceiling is limited. They would prefer that one of Wilson or Leggett surpasses him. So far, it appears that CJ may do that.

Basically same as I have heard...CJ has impressed so far.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
My man Klock. If he works out to be a stud OL, I will have my first accurate prediction of future success! (I was once the guy who argued with my roommates halfway through Reggie Ball's freshman season that he would be a Heisman candidate as a senior....)

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer

Good news is, because of schedule, CPJ will have an opportunity for a lot of BB rotation in the first three games and this should sort out the pecking order. The schedule also allows Laskey some reps but also some rest so he is ready for the long ACC grind. This backup role gets crucial if Laskey gets banged up; otherwise Connors will do fine and Leggett or Wilson are a plus if they surpass Connors in overall performance.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Well lets be honest here too. Some of these kids are solid but our depth is really poor in spots making these kids a need too. Like legget. Merriwether or simmons. 1-2 dbs. Etc. so this isnt a pure statement of how great our recruiting was. Its also a statement of how bad we need talent

00Burdell

Helluva Engineer
Well lets be honest here too. Some of these kids are solid but our depth is really poor in spots making these kids a need too. Like legget. Merriwether or simmons. 1-2 dbs. Etc. so this isnt a pure statement of how great our recruiting was. Its also a statement of how bad we need talent

Well, if the recruits weren't any good, then there wouldn't be any point in playing them early since replacing [marginal talent + some experience] with [marginal talent + no experience] would be a step backward. So while I agree that the need for an upgrade in talent is needed, I interpret early playing time for the freshman as an upgrade rather than a push.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder

Which is why I said they want one of them to play at DE...Somone like Legget doesnt have to play though.