Freshmen to report tomorrow

ATL1

Helluva Engineer

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
I'd love for this to be true and for Custis to want to and then actually come back to Tech. Something doesn't jive for me though. I'm not a compliance guy, so I don't know the rules, but I would think if he passed all his classes that he could stay at Tech and take Summer classes to catch up on progress. Also, I'm pretty sure progress towards graduation isn't assessed after one semester.

Something doesn't add up here. Can someone educate me?

To me this sounds like an AA advisor fault. Im not 100% sure on this but his progress may not have met requirement because he enrolled in January. If this is correct, then advisor should have placed Travis in 5 courses instead of 4 because as we know that remedial English/Math class is a Pass/Fail course that doesn't count towards anything. This is the only scenario I see possible

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
I am stoked about Roof.

I love what he brings to the table as a Coach and Recruiter. And, he's a GT guy. I like that.
I like TR also but lets wait til this time next yr before extoling his success.He walked into a team with SIX Sr starters including one of the BEST DE in Tech HISTORY.
If he can do better than that this yr,then he deserves EVERY accolade.

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer
I like TR also but lets wait til this time next yr before extoling his success.He walked into a team with SIX Sr starters including one of the BEST DE in Tech HISTORY.
If he can do better than that this yr,then he deserves EVERY accolade.
I agree. But that's why I said I like what he brings to the table. That's not saying I am placing my money on him being a sure thing. I just like the upside he has as a coach and a recruiter. Thus I personally am stoked about him.

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
Roof has a major problem this year with DL. MAJOR.

Both DE spots are huge question marks. DT starters look OK but Green is smallish and has been oft injured. Tell me who is going to rotate in to Keep these guys fresh? What if there's an injury? Same thing for DE but we don't even have established guys there.

IMO people are going to be trashing -Roof after this season. It's not fair but then again neither is life.

GT continues to struggle at QB & on the DL, where recruiting misses, attrition, & horrible luck have been a constant problem. Some guys gotta step up.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
There is only a POTENTIAL major problem with the DL this year. We have unknowns at the corners and so far everyone is healthy. It becomes a problem if there is underproduction and injuries. I'm not ready to cry Chicken Little quite yet. We have good size at DT with good size backing it up. It's time for these guys to take that next step and for the proverbial light to come on. Same goes for DE, with Stargel and Chungong on the strong side. The reason for all the angst heading into the year is the unknown, not the lack of personnel.

In my opinion, the losses to the DL this year are going to be more glaring in 2015 and 2016. That can be overcome by bringing in some DL prospects that are a little higher up the food chain than the guys we lost. If we can bring in recruits that are a year or two ahead of the guys we lost, we should be okay. With the struggles we already have bringing in DL prospects, that may not be a reasonable expectation, but that's what we're looking at, in my opinion.

alaguy

Helluva Engineer

Both DE spots are huge question marks. DT starters look OK but Green is smallish and has been oft injured. Tell me who is going to rotate in to Keep these guys fresh? What if there's an injury? Same thing for DE but we don't even have established guys there.

IMO people are going to be trashing -Roof after this season. It's not fair but then again neither is life.

GT continues to struggle at QB & on the DL, where recruiting misses, attrition, & horrible luck have been a constant problem. Some guys gotta step up.

Generally the QB problem is as much about an inexperienced OL but still will be spotty.Other than that --BINGO on comments.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
We really need Commisiong to come into his own this year and play a major role as rotating DT, if Sir Francis sees the light that would be gravy

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
Anything is possible but after losing Robbins, Akins, & Kitchens, plus having lots of unexperienced guys, no proven pass rushers, and being low on numbers, the probability of an effective DL isn't good.

However it could happen IF:

--we can stay healthy
--two of Gamble, Commisiong, & Kallon can rotate in with not too much drop off
--we end up getting a rush out of Whitehead and hopefully one other guy so Whitehead won't wear down & also get doubled every play
--Stargel & Chungong can hold down SDE in a rotation

That's a lot of IFs but I'll agree stranger things have happened. If we somehow pull it off then Pelton, Sisk, and these players will have stepped up in a huge way.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

........... Tell me who is going to rotate in to Keep these guys fresh? .....................

Think Henderson will play a lot at DT this year or get RS? I would think he plays because we will need him for depth.......

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Eric, given the attrition on the D line in the off season you see any of the incoming O linemen be moved to the D line? I know Gary Brown played DT in HS as well as OL. Your thoughts?

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
OldJacketFan post: 55482 said:
Eric, given the attrition on the D line in the off season you see any of the incoming O linemen be moved to the D line? I know Gary Brown played DT in HS as well as OL. Your thoughts?

Only chance is Klock