Freshmen to report tomorrow

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
but looks like some bad news...per Kelly Quinlan Twitter...#GaTech 2014 signees will report tomorrow but a couple of bigger names still have work to do.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
I know Whitehead won't be here till August...I assume Autry won't be coming tomorrow.

PowderSpringsJacket88

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
The AJC or someone else wrote an article recently explaining how this was the plan from the beginning for Whitehead. He had to take a ton of classes and needs the summer to finish them.

No big deal honestly. He has been through 2 CFB fall camps already and can talk to his future teammates on what he should focus on.

daBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
What is the holdup with Autry?
Myles is taking summer school classes to bring up his GPA. This was known & planned from the time the offer was extended to him.

Basically, he goofed around his freshman and sophomore years in HS. But then he buckled down his last two years and that's the only reason Tech was even able to offer him.

Nothing to worry about with him. He'll be here in August.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Myles is taking summer school classes to bring up his GPA. This was known & planned from the time the offer was extended to him.

Basically, he goofed around his freshman and sophomore years in HS. But then he buckled down his last two years and that's the only reason Tech was even able to offer him.

Nothing to worry about with him. He'll be here in August.

Unless he isn't able to bring it up.:(

But I think he'll be fine.

Update on Whitehead from my buddy, the unnamed GMC faculty member:

"His classes? They're great. He looks tired, though. The commute will get him before the academics do..." ;)

nodawgs

Jolly Good Fellow
I thought Custis would be fine too.
My daughter goes to the same speed and agility trainer that Custis went to. He told me that he expects Custis to be back at Tech. Said he passed all of his classes, but didn't get enough progress hours due to taking a remedial English class. Can't say for sure, but it sounds like an advisor screwed up here. Said it's the second kid he's trained that got messed up on credit hours at Tech. Chris Jackson was the other.

JazzyD95

Ramblin' Wreck
My daughter goes to the same speed and agility trainer that Custis went to. He told me that he expects Custis to be back at Tech. Said he passed all of his classes, but didn't get enough progress hours due to taking a remedial English class. Can't say for sure, but it sounds like an advisor screwed up here. Said it's the second kid he's trained that got messed up on credit hours at Tech. Chris Jackson was the other.
I like hearing that, but at the same time.... I'll believe it when I see it.
I don't forsee him coming back.

nodawgs

Jolly Good Fellow
I like hearing that, but at the same time.... I'll believe it when I see it.
I don't forsee him coming back.
Same here, but it was really good to hear that. I'm not a member over on TOS anymore, but from what people have told me, it was being reported that Custis flunked remedial classes. Clearly not the case. Just an example of why I dropped my subscription over there. Cover up central (even though I don't think that this situation should be pinned on CPJ and staff necessarily anyway).