Freshmen Arrive

Techster

Helluva Engineer
All the recruiting love they received is coming to a screeching halt lol.

Lol. Can imagine the first time on the practice field. Coaches yelling at you like you never achieved anything in football...then the current player who was nice and helpful during recruiting runs you over and talks sh!t to you as he's standing over your limp body.

Lots of them are going to realize that football has become a business.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Kind of like joining the army, I imagine. They paint this rosy picture for you and next comes the boot camp drill sergeant.
It's kind of like getting married that sweet girl you want to spend the rest of you life with is not the same one you knew. and you now know why your dad said get to know her mother cause she will be like that after some time.
th

Techster

Helluva Engineer
To all the freshmen moving in these days, you will never experience how it was to carry tube based TV up 3 flights of stairs. I think the 50-60 inch TVs weight far less than the smaller tube based TV my friend and I had to lug up 3 flights of stairs at Smith.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
To all the freshmen moving in these days, you will never experience how it was to carry tube based TV up 3 flights of stairs. I think the 50-60 inch TVs weight far less than the smaller tube based TV my friend and I had to lug up 3 flights of stairs at Smith.
I lived in Smith as well, fourth floor. First week of school we tossed the neighbor kids mattress out his window then hid it in the TV room.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
They do. Took two of us to move the last tube TV out that I ever touched. One arm to replace it.

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer

I learned that textbooks were expendable one spring quarter when I had a broken leg in a hip length cast and lived on the top floor of Smith...